Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Details on the 280hp 2.0l 4-banger?

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ViscontiVerde 164L* 
#1 ·
Hello,

Are there more details on that engine? Is there cylinder deactivation? Diagrams and etc.? Something like the "MECHANICAL SYSTEMS TRAINING MANUAL" that is hanging around for the Giulia QV?

Thanks.

#5 ·
In the original DNA literature you will find:

"All Weather Mode:

During potentially dangerous weather conditions or when the road surface turns slippery, All Weather mode proves to be an excellent setting. Once selected, the Alfa Romeo DNA System will communicate with various components throughout the vehicle to ensure they are proactively responding as needed." *

And,

"In All-Weather mode Alfa’s VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) system is more intrusive whilst ASR (Anti-Slip Regulator) is lightened, allowing the wheels to slip and gain traction in icy conditions. Models equipped with ALFA TCT can also pull away in second gear, further helping avoid wheel spin." **

I assume that someone at FCA thought Advanced Efficiency was a better label for the US market than All Weather, which it was called in the original versions on the European Giulietta's, and yes, I know what ass-ume means...

* Excerpt from article on Alfa Romeo Louisville net site.

** Excerpt from article on AROC-UK site, thus the use of "whilst."

:devil

#9 ·
Engine is lugging at very low rpms. BTW instant fuel consumption readings are predominately useless. I remove that from everything I drive that allows it. Just like that pathetic swinging needle on the old beemers. Try driving 300 miles in each mode on the same road in the same conditions and the same speed and really calculate the mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.