Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Recommended Service and at what intervals

11K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Knightofargh 
#1 ·
I think a great thread would be for someone to list the recommended service and service intervals for the 4 and 6 cylinder Stelvios ....

It came to my attention that a local dealer was recommending Serpentine belt on a 4 cylinder Stevlio at 19,000 miles...the manual suggests 38000 miles for routine and 19000 miles for "EXTREME" conditions...So, if anyone has the desire and time....Just a thought...D

#2 ·
Mine told me the same, they also said you can expect pads at 20k too. At the rate I’m going I’ll be there in a few months. He did say the belt is only $20 and isn’t much more for labor, so it’s probably the cheapest maintenance item you’ll have.

#3 · (Edited)
Pads at 20K??!!!

Even my LR3 lasted 50K and that was 5000 lbs of British sovereignty!

That sounds like some dealer-type bullishnit to me, but someone with 20k chime in please. Did you have to replace your brakes?

Nice they told you that about the belt @ifly4fun, cause yeah changing the belt in the 2.0 looks easier than any car I've seen in 20 years or more....was thinking I might do it myself for fun when the time came. The hardest part looks like it'll be reaching across all that space to get to the engine....

#10 ·
$300 with parts and labor including pads and the o/c??!!!

that's really cheap....probably wouldn't complain...would verify they aren't using some really cheap non-OEM brake pad. (dealers can use cheap non factory parts too)

However, I gotta say....never ever replaced pads at 20k in any car, so it will be interesting to see what happens here. Even the Porsche made it to 50k, sold my BMW 330CI after 35k still had over half and I lived on the border of LA/Kern county commuting about 100 miles a day from Frazier Park to Santa Monica with both those cars, so plenty of stop and go (why I avoid traffic now...did my time). Even the XC90 and LR3 made it over 50k before needing brakes with the same basic commute. But then I use the brakes as an absolute last resort, and period do not ride them ever....coasting, downshifting, changing lanes...all happen before hitting the brakes....hate the brakes...didn't get in the car to slow down....

#11 ·
My years of WRX driving have inured me to brake costs. Every 20k I was in for pads and often rotors (because case hardened steel screamer pins destroy rotors in a matter of miles).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.