Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Shifting into Neutral with Paddles?

9K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  BGPhoto 
#1 ·
I watched a Stelvio review on youtube the other day "Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2018 - Their first SUV" by CARANDDRIVING.com and at 12 minutes and 10 seconds into the 50 minute review, the reviewer is driving in manual, and states that you can shift into Neutral if you hit both paddles at the same time when coming to a stop.

I tried it several times yesterday in my 2018 Ti Sport, in D mode, in manual, and was not sure if I was in neutral or not, and now as I review the video, he definitely holds both paddles back, not just click them at the same time, which may have been why I didn't figure it out.

I was unable to find anything in the manual, but will test again today.

Anyone know about this feature or use it regularly in town?

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: jttar
#4 ·
Please let us know the results TiSport. I use the paddle shifters often and am interested. Was going to check out the video but spent too much time on YouTube looking, ;-)

Joe

#8 · (Edited)
Apparently, it only works on European models, not Nafta.
Probably something to do with regulations.

On European models, if you pull both paddles, it shifts to neutral. Pull the + and it shifts back to drive.

if you're in manual, pull both paddles, the lever clicks back to centre then pull the right paddle and it puts you back in drive

Long Pull Down downshifts by 2, Long Pull Up sticks it back in D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.