Front windshield defroster question - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Front windshield defroster question

Is there any way to adjust the front windshield defroster to not operate at HI temperature when in use? It seems sort of silly to be programmed as such and not able to lower the temperature. Any suggestions?

2018 Stelvio Sport AWD
Vesuvio/Red
EuroCompulsion V2 Intake,Red Start/Stop Button, Gunmetal Powedercoated Wheels, 20% tints all around, Debadged, Carbon Interior Bits, Stelvio Quadrofoglio Fender Flares, Farad Slim Door visors, Carbon front V grill, Center Muffler Resonator delete, EMC Pro Piggyback
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:24 AM

I hit the button, then just roll the temp/fan control back to something realistic.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifly4fun View Post
I hit the button, then just roll the temp/fan control back to something realistic.
The only with that is (at least on my car) that once you manipulate the temperature it shuts off the windshield defroster mode button..

2018 Stelvio Sport AWD
Vesuvio/Red
EuroCompulsion V2 Intake,Red Start/Stop Button, Gunmetal Powedercoated Wheels, 20% tints all around, Debadged, Carbon Interior Bits, Stelvio Quadrofoglio Fender Flares, Farad Slim Door visors, Carbon front V grill, Center Muffler Resonator delete, EMC Pro Piggyback
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTELVIO View Post
The only with that is (at least on my car) that once you manipulate the temperature it shuts off the windshield defroster mode button..
You are correct. This happens in my stelvio as well.

2019 Ti Sport white / red
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:25 PM

Garage
Quote:
That's because you affectively canceled the max defrost by changing the temp setting.... All the other parameters should stay the same though .....

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I agree the light goes out - but i'm pretty sure the air still blows through those vents at the new settings. I'll try it next time I'm in the car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page