Interior cargo space - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tom
  • 1 Post By AlfaJohn

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2019, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Interior cargo space

Does anyone know how much cargo space in length there is with the seats folded down? Trying to see if I can get a 6 1/2 foot curio in the back.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 05:31 AM

I don't know the answer, but am similarly interested if the size enables two adult sized bicycles to be reasonably carried inside...using quilts, soft luggage/bags, and/or similar pads to separate and prevent damage to bikes and car.

I've done this with other cars (mostly Saabs) and prefer it to roof racks and such.care,
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 06:59 AM

I did measure this prior to ordering as it happens to be a fairly important for me also. There are two issues, firstly, I have only recently ordered my car so cannot measure it directly and secondly, I cannot find where I noted it down! What I do remember is that the floor length is a good 40cm longer than my 147 and measuring that gives me a roughly calculated 175cm (about 5'8") in the Stelvio, which from memory rings a bell although this was only a quick, rough measurement leaving a little space either end. Obviously this can be confirmed by others here and also the shorter length at the roof-line.

We will see how my memory serves me! (Probably not very well!)

For what it's worth, I frequently carry a single bicycle in the back of my 147 with just the front wheel removed.

Last edited by OltreSP; 08-27-2019 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Measurement conversion
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 01:45 PM
Tom

It depends on how tall the object is. Because the front seat slopes back and the tail gate slopes forward there is less length available as you measure above the cargo floor level.

At cargo floor level there is about 72 to 78 inches of length depending on where the passenger seat is. A foot above the cargo area floor level the length available drops by quite a bit. The rear passenger seatback doesn't fold down completely flat. So the front end of any long object will elevated compared to the back end.
huskyz likes this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 02:03 PM

I put one bike in just fine and suspect a second one would fit on top just fine.
John
huskyz likes this.

2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso - Mine
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hers
2019 Chrysler Pacifica - Ours
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:40 PM

Sounds like our two bikes (about 66-68") can be stacked (carefully) with front wheels forward and a quilt or similar pad between them (and under).

This is sorta what we did in the Saabs.

If we buy a Stelvio we'll report results. Thanks for info.

(The 6'6" curio sounds tougher?)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page