Spare Tire - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 12:55 AM Thread Starter

Spare Tire

Anyone have a stelvio with the spare tire option? I bought this option and I would like to see a picture of where it goes and how much space it takes up. Normally the battery is in the back but with a spare tire do they have the battery up front?

Cheers
Dario R
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:15 PM

I have the can of fix a flat option, with an air compressor. I asked my service guy about ordering a spare... After he asked me if I was sitting down, he said it would be $1200. The battery is in the area of where the spare goes. With the spare tire option, you need a different shaped piece of Styrofoam, to lower the battery, which sits under it. The spare is a foldable unit, that still needs an air compressor to inflate it. I have not seen it, but would love to see how this works, but for $1200, I'll call road side assistance instead. If anyone has seen this, please post a picture.
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 06:34 PM

Compact spare tire option includes a tire that needs to be inflated and includes an on-board compressor - price is $450. I have it and it looks solid.
Flunx likes this.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 09:20 PM

I would just like to fins an inexpensive donut spare that would work with the 20's for remote road trips.
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:19 AM

I have the space saver spare tire. It sits under the trunk floor and the battery fits beneath it.
Pizzaracer likes this.
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 12:46 AM

Wquestions about your compact spare

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlderAlfaFan View Post
Compact spare tire option includes a tire that needs to be inflated and includes an on-board compressor - price is $450. I have it and it looks solid.
Just got my Stelvio and want to add the compact spare. They are saying that none can be found right now. We are also in PA. Did you have trouble getting your compact spare? It seems odd that they cant find a ANY! Thanks
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancerocks View Post
Just got my Stelvio and want to add the compact spare. They are saying that none can be found right now. We are also in PA. Did you have trouble getting your compact spare? It seems odd that they cant find a ANY! Thanks
I was referring to the compact tire option that came with the car ($450) - not aftermarket.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancerocks View Post
my dealer promised they would get me a spare, as mine was already in production when I put the deposit down and couldn't change the order, Even put it in writing on the purchase order... However it didn't happen as it seems they can't order them, specifically they can't order the different trunk liner parts that hold the tire (remember the battery is there, so it's actually pretty important that it is secure & fits properly).

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, Rosso Alfa Red, Black sport seats & interior, sun roof, HK audio system
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 11:14 AM

I would suggest that anyone with a fix flat/air compressor situation (probably me) also spend a few bucks at the autoparts store for a plug kit.
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
I would suggest that anyone with a fix flat/air compressor situation (probably me) also spend a few bucks at the autoparts store for a plug kit.
This is a good idea, I have a spare from the factory, but plug and go many times may be a better option.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, Black/Red