Stelvio Cargo Rails - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Stelvio Cargo Rails

Has anyone spec'd the cargo rails on their Stelvio? If so, what's your thoughts on them; worth having? The corresponding eyelets (PN 71808391) seem rather expensive (£108.14!!!) Has anyone got these as well?

I'm also keen to know if anyone has had cargo rails (PN 50903579) retrofitted if they didn't spec them from new? Are they easy to install?

Cheers,
Tilum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARSQf Options - Cargo Rails (PN 50903579) (£101.59).jpg
Views:	245
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	7985   Click image for larger version

Name:	ARSQf Options - Cargo Rails Eyelets (PN 71808391) (£108.14).jpg
Views:	170
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	7993  
post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilum View Post
Has anyone spec'd the cargo rails on their Stelvio? If so, what's your thoughts on them; worth having? The corresponding eyelets (PN 71808391) seem rather expensive (£108.14!!!) Has anyone got these as well?

I'm also keen to know if anyone has had cargo rails (PN 50903579) retrofitted if they didn't spec them from new? Are they easy to install?

Cheers,
Tilum
Mine came with the rails already installed along with the 4 eyelets and a cargo net that lays flat. I have yet to actually use it though as I'm not sure what I would use it for. If I put a suitcase or something back there, I don't feel like that needs to be tied down. What I would like is to find something that would help secure grocery bags but I can't really seem to find any accessories for the rails yet.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:34 PM

I was actually interested in getting these also; assume its a fairly easy install. Problem is, it sounds like parts are slow to come to the US. I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and they both are unable to get any firm availability on parts yet.
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mine came with the rails already installed along with the 4 eyelets and a cargo net that lays flat. I have yet to actually use it though as I'm not sure what I would use it for. If I put a suitcase or something back there, I don't feel like that needs to be tied down. What I would like is to find something that would help secure grocery bags but I can't really seem to find any accessories for the rails yet.
Thanks for the feedback 'sweetness'. In response to you not finding anything that would help secure grocery bags, have you tried/seen the official Alfa (Mopar) Cargo Rails Organizer Divider (PN 50903600) - see attached pic - it looks as though you just slide it up/down the rails to a desired position, and that the eyelets aren't needed for this.

What are the eyelets like? Are they easy to install/remove/adjust? Are they made from cheap, nasty plastic, and look like they may break at any moment, or are they high quality, well-designed items?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tilum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARSQf Options - Cargo Rails Organizer Divider (PN 50903600) (£189.40).jpg
Views:	182
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	8025  
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skr9 View Post
I was actually interested in getting these also; assume its a fairly easy install. Problem is, it sounds like parts are slow to come to the US. I've been in contact with 2 dealerships and they both are unable to get any firm availability on parts yet.
That's my thoughts too - do I order the car with the rails, or order them without and decide to fit them later if I feel I need them. I'm hoping the original 4 anchor points (in the 2 boot floor strips) can just be unscrewed/unbolted and the rails fitted in their place.
As for parts, it sounds as though you know the parts that you're after, but just can't get then yet in the U.S?
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:26 PM

I included it in my order because I figured it would be handy, but will have to wait and see how to best make use of it. at worst the eyelets can be used to hold open cardboard boxes in place, and stuff like bags could go in them.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilum View Post
Thanks for the feedback 'sweetness'. In response to you not finding anything that would help secure grocery bags, have you tried/seen the official Alfa (Mopar) Cargo Rails Organizer Divider (PN 50903600) - see attached pic - it looks as though you just slide it up/down the rails to a desired position, and that the eyelets aren't needed for this.

What are the eyelets like? Are they easy to install/remove/adjust? Are they made from cheap, nasty plastic, and look like they may break at any moment, or are they high quality, well-designed items?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Cheers,
Tilum
Oh that's interesting. That might actually work well so my grocery bags don't slide around. I contacted Mopar online who sent me to Alfa Romeo support to see what accessories I can get since almost nothing is listed on their site yet. They told me to contact the dealership's parts department. That will be my next step.

As far as the eyelets, they are really easy to slide up and down the rail and seem pretty solid, made out of metal but I haven't played around with them a lot yet.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Hi 'lost',
Are you still waiting for your car to arrive? If you've got it already, what are the eyelets like? £108 seems like an awful lot just for 4-off 'anchor points'!
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oh that's interesting. That might actually work well so my grocery bags don't slide around. I contacted Mopar online who sent me to Alfa Romeo support to see what accessories I can get since almost nothing is listed on their site yet. They told me to contact the dealership's parts department. That will be my next step.

As far as the eyelets, they are really easy to slide up and down the rail and seem pretty solid, made out of metal but I haven't played around with them a lot yet.
Here's a link to the Stelvio Alfa/Mopar accessories brochure, hope you find it useful:-
http://www.mopar.eu/Resources/restyl...ar-stelvio.pdf

Thanks for the feedback sweetness. Can the eyelets be easily removed, e.g. when putting a boot liner/mat down on the boot floor?
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 04:13 PM

yes, Tilum, still waiting. I have a vin so I know it's built, but who knows when they will be ready to fill a boat.

I got a few questionable options, just guessed they might be handy, or if I ever sell it apparently car play is important to some - I don't know what it is but I ordered android and apple because it takes up so many threads here and on the giulia forum.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page