TuxMat Floor Mats - My Review - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 14Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 03:27 PM

Thanks guys. With all the positive feedback on Tux, I decide to go with the black version in my red with black interior. I’m not using the clips as they get so well.
post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandsQuad View Post
Thanks guys. With all the positive feedback on Tux, I decide to go with the black version in my red with black interior. I’m not using the clips as they get so well.
We have the black Tux mats with the red interior as well. We've had our Stelvio for little over two months now and I find I don't need to remove the mats for interior details. The fit and coverage is good enough to just vacuum the mats and wipe them down and don't see ever having to remove. I installed the mats over the factory floor mats that came with the car so double protection for the carpet.

Wife's Car -- '19 TI Lusso, Stromboli Gray, Red/Black/5 Hole Wheels, Compact Spare Tire, Most all Bells and Whistles
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:31 PM

Garage
After seeing the YouTube video below, I went with the black tuxmats in my red and black interior and way glad I did - great fit and feel, and way better than normal floor mats.

SHADCHA likes this.

Don’t Panic! The truth is out there.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
2004 Saab 9.3 T Convertible
2001 Moto Guzzi California Special
2005 Bajaj Chetak
19xx Vespa
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Unread 08-06-2019, 08:36 PM

I also bought these from Amazon for like $210, and they installed fairly simply and quickly. They cover most of the carpet fairly well. I would recommend these.

“Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire; you will what you imagine; and at last you create what you will.”

George Bernard Shaw
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Unread 08-06-2019, 10:46 PM

Well shoot, I ordered the Weathertech mats in tan to match my crema interior before I saw this thread.
Might need another purchase for my 2 day old Stelvio!!
John

2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso - Mine
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hers
2019 Chrysler Pacifica - Ours
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Unread 08-07-2019, 12:08 AM

While they don't cover all of the carpet, I would suggest cocoa mats for protection from fruit and grime. Again they won't protect the sides of the footwell, but keep the carpet under them pristine.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Unread 08-07-2019, 07:35 AM

Garage
Had a set of Tuxmats waiting for my wife's ordered TI Lusso to arrive in March. I put them in after we got home from the dealer and they've been in almost 5 months and I've never taken them out to clean the carpet. The coverage is so good I just vacuum and wipe the mats down with a wet cloth and that's it.

Wife's Car -- '19 TI Lusso, Stromboli Gray, Red/Black/5 Hole Wheels, Compact Spare Tire, Most all Bells and Whistles
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 09:20 AM

Currently have weathertechs on my Quad (black, black/red interior and racing seats). i've been using them for a couple of months and not impressed. the fit is not very good. on the back row it does not protect the back seat. passenger side it stops midway at foot level. really not impressed. just called them and asked to return them, they were ok with it I just need to pay shipping. Before sending them back though, I would like to know what options do I have. I don't like the diamonds floor mats at all. the only one that i've seen so far that is ok is the Tuxmat which is still more expensive than weathertech. are there other options? I'm looking for black mats, as simple as possible so not something like this:

https://www.carid.com/2018-alfa-rome...938365059.html

thanks.

Last edited by marcoc; Yesterday at 09:49 AM.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Unread Yesterday, 10:37 PM

I used to have Weathertechs as well but switched to Tuxmat couple months ago. Tuxmat fits my SQ perfectly, easy to clean, and it’s not slippery like the Weathertechs when wearing ‘harder’ sole shoes. Definitely worth the higher price!