Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

New thread Stelvio Vacation Challenge - what are your pictures

10K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  lost1750GTV 
#1 ·
Just took my Stelvio on a 2 week vacation. Never in my life did I think I would be able take an Alfa with as much stuff as I did with 4 adults for such a vacation.

4 bikes
2 full set of golf clubs
8 suit cases (carryon size)
8 fishing rods and reels
Large tackle box
Wife's shoes
2 collapsable chairs
4 beach games
3 boogie boards
cast net
crab net
Xbox one
2 computers

Lake time
beach time
Charleston
Biltmore house

1700 miles
Averaged 70 MPH (80 MPH top speed)
Gas Milage 20.9

that's my story and here are my pix. Would love to hear and see yours?

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
The Stelvio replaced my mini van. With the roof top box and bike rack - I believe i have more room and a lot more fun driving.

I have not yet taken the 4C on vacation.

The last time I vacationed in the 87 Spider I had to rent a u haul to bring it back ohio when the computer system crashed. That was not a fun Alfa vacation.

#20 ·
Ha! We were just at The Biltmore in Asheville. Admittedly didn't take the Alfa as we're a bit spooked after the dead battery issue (too fresh). Ended up taking the Honda Passport (Orlando to Asheville). Our son was attending a week long camp in the Asheville area.

Going small size pic to not hijack an AR vaca thread.... pic from within The Biltmore "complex".

#30 ·
Congrats on the quad - pretty hard to say which tow hitch is best. I'm happy with the fit on my alfa hitch, stealth people are happy with theirs etc.
There's threads with pics of all - all require minor lower trimming, I think the stealth when not in use may be more hidden.
They are the same hitches as the 4cyl uses, require a new exhaust hanger and thats about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.