Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

Alfa Flash

4K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  pyrrhusmj 
#1 ·
I have my Stelvio a little over a month now and I'm very proud to finally have an Alfa Romeo. Historically it's my favorite auto maker. More so than Ferrari sad to say but it's my opinion. Anyway, I have this crazy habit of flashing (my highbeam lights) at fellow Stelvio drivers driving by. I don't know why, but it happens naturally. I guess it became the Jeep wave for me.
Very proud. ???‍♂

#6 ·
Alfas were always made to be driven. Even the rich don't drive there Ferrari's very often. Something stupid to do with values.....

Reactions: Marco
#7 ·
ALL cars are made to be driven.

I think one of the reasons Ferarri has the repuation for reliability it does is due to sitting for too long in general.

All kinds of problems with most any car that gets less than 5000 miles a year...just doesn't happen with Toyota's very often.

Had a friend in high school get an early 80's Celica from a lady that never drove it...15,000 miles total on a 7 year old car. His front calipers siezed in front of school when he tapped the brakes to make a left. Spun out on the road... some plastic parts in the calipers were too hard and forced the caliper piston out then wouldn't let it go back in. After that he wound up replacing most of the engine seals because they dried out....

#8 ·
I meant the devastated value of a Ferrari that crosses 10k.......god forbid, it was enjoyed by its owner. Its a mystique that has kept many DRIVERS away from the brand.

#9 ·
They probably don't want to pay the maintenance costs :).

My brother bought a 05' F430 as a daily driver after he got a huge commission check. It actually did very well as a DD. His insurance was cheaper than his Acura and basic maintenance wasn't horrible. Now his first major maintenance (belts, brakes spark plugs, fluids etc) cost him around 7k and he just couldn't stomach spending that anymore especially with the 40k mile clutch change coming up. Now I know he was probably unique, but it seems like there were quite a few DD's when he went out on a club run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.