• 1 Post By WoodlandsQuad
  • 1 Post By marcoc
  • 1 Post By Wifesstelvio

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
First Alfa (Quad>Porsche/AMG)

Hello Fellow Alfa Drivers!

I bought a trofeo white stelvio quad a week ago, havenít stopped smiling since.

After 15 years of driving lovely, fast German cars (AMG, s/rs audi, Porsche), I feel like Iíve been living a naive lie thinking those cars truly handled well! I frankly tried to talk myself into a Macan turbo or GTS, out of fear of the Italian car reliability gods, but eventually gave up after it became clear how inferior that car was. The GLC63 is also bonkers fast but the chassis and steering arenít close.

Iím in NJ, just across river from NYC. Do people on this forum do track events or group buys? Iíd be very interested in a group buy on winter tires, Forza Componenti exhaust controller, Koshi carbon trim, etc. Iíd also love to help improve the audio system situation for our cars, which I feel is a bit of a weak spot, along with some of the interior plastics quality (ergo the Koshi interest). Iím a huge audiophile, my other gadget hobby, and while Iím not an engineer by any means, Iím a capable enough tinkerer. If anyone else is interested in an audio improvement adventure, let me know!

Car is superb.

Looking forward to being a part of this community as it grows.
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:09 PM

KZ, in my option you chose the perfect car in the perfect color. Congrats and enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F73811E6-593E-43D5-B740-EB267AD9AB22_1566094095356.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	16123   Click image for larger version

Name:	90F8ED10-11EE-4788-A256-2E3C1F1A6116_1566094123071.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	16125   Click image for larger version

Name:	8A2E6124-B1DF-4898-8588-9DC4AA94620C_1566094152041.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	436.1 KB
ID:	16127  
KZquad18 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 10:19 PM

There are a couple threads here on upgrading the sub. I added a JL amp and changed the sub to a different 8 inch and itís a large difference. The rest seems too costly as I only keep cars about 3 years.
KZquad18 likes this.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 05:25 PM

Audiophile too here. I have a pair of Sonus Fabers towers at home. obviously spending money on car speakers is different than a home hi-fi system... having said that you can get decent equipment at very good prices these days. one of my favourite brands for cars is Focal, a french manufacturer. their Utopia line is outstanding, but pricey. they have a more "economical" line, the performance, that is very very good imo. I'm looking into that for my Quad. Agree with you the audio system is one of the few weak spots.
KZquad18 likes this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the replies! Wifes, how lowered is your car? The carbon exterior and racing stripes are for real, your wife isn’t playing around!

On the audio front, my issue is less the bass than the tweeters, although I suspect everything could be improved. I’ve noticed that the radio tuner seems especially weak, but there is “glare” and “harshness” to the treble that suggests either poor tweeters or poor amplification/source electronics.

I too am a big Focal fan, I have focal Kevlar midrange drivers in my office stereo monitors. Great stuff.

Sonus Faber very cool, you’ve got a thing for Italian gear, clearly!

Let me know which focals you are looking into, I’m very curious. Do we know the specs on the amp outputs/impedance?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodlandsQuad View Post
There are a couple threads here on upgrading the sub. I added a JL amp and changed the sub to a different 8 inch and it’s a large difference. The rest seems too costly as I only keep cars about 3 years.
Did you do that yourself or someone in the woodlands/Houston area? I am interested
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 08:48 PM

1.6 in. Wheel spacers 15mm rear and 7mm front.
KZquad18 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page