Loving the QV - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Loving the QV

Well, after a few weeks of ownership, I am as 100% pumped as when I first bought the car. When my wife and I pulled the trigger on the purchase, it was almost an impulse buy, and I had my doubts - we were having a great year and were fortunate in that we comfortably and responsibly afford the car as a luxury purchase, but as a lifelong Toyota driver it was such a departure from my world, both financially and from the image/driving perspective, and we weren't planning on buying a car for a few more months. But - the joy it gives me while driving is incredible, and I love that a) no one knows what it is , and b) you NEVER see anyone else driving them.

I life in a well-off area, and performance Porsches/Audis/BMWs are a dime a dozen. I see these cars all the time on the road. But I can count the number of Alfas on one hand, and the number of QVs using a big fat zero.

My only regret is that much of my daily drives I can't give the car a workout due to traffic - but even then, having that much power effortlessly on tap is an amazing sensation. For me the analogy is like a HiFi stereo - if you have a 1000W system, even if you never turn it up to capacity, you have so much power and support throughout all volume levels that it is always a joy to listen, and that much better for the power. The car is the same - merging, passing, cornering, are all a blast, even at normal speeds. ****, even in "A" mode!

Was looking at other nice cars - Audi RS5 was the primary competitor - and I'm so pumped we were able to get a more practical vehicle that not only gives me the thrill I was looking for, but that beats the other cars, even performance sedans, on so many aspects of drive quality.

If the car holds up I may become an Alfa convert! Anyone have a 4C they're looking to get rid of? J/k

Ok... /end(gushing)
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 11:37 AM

Great post and I echo your thoughts very closely.

I've been wanting to post about how impressed I am with mine and I'm having a hard time putting it into words. Seriously.
Badger likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:38 PM

I agree. What a car. Its more premium than may last car, the nice BMW X4 3,0D fully loaded. The thing that the Quad most suprised me - Was how calm and gentle its at low speeds (i. e. normal conditions). One Another thing, that Alfa succeeded in is with the handling during acceleration. The Quad is so smooth, distinct and still 0,1 sec quicker (0 to 100 kph) than Z06, C6 and F430 F1. I have not owned those two cars, but borrowed them for more than 6 hours including accelerations. The Quad is the ultimate car with good traffic Control due to the height above the street. You arent sitting low and you have instead Control long distance ahead.
lost1750GTV, Shemp, NM-QV and 2 others like this.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 01:23 PM

There is no doubt the Alfa Stelvio Quad is a unique vehicle.
Feels like a sports car but practical for everyday use.
I too live in an area littered with Porsches, AMGs, and other very high priced hardware (South Florida). There are more Lamborghini's than Stelvio Quads... LOL.
Surprised several drivers of very expensive cars when the Quad takes off from the light and leaves them behind.
Never fails to put a smile on my face.
jspark0905 likes this.

2019 Black Quad
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
There is no doubt the Alfa Stelvio Quad is a unique vehicle.
Feels like a sports car but practical for everyday use.
I too live in an area littered with Porsches, AMGs, and other very high priced hardware (South Florida). There are more Lamborghini's than Stelvio Quads... LOL.
Surprised several drivers of very expensive cars when the Quad takes off from the light and leaves them behind.
Never fails to put a smile on my face.
Funny you say that I was in Miami recently for several weeks and saw one Stelvio the whole time, but at least a dozen or more Maseratis. Seems like every other car was a Maserati. Big seller there.
Badger likes this.

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Missano Blue - Forza Exhaust Controller, H&R lowering springs, Ceramic Coated
2019 MV Agusta Dragster 800RR
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:46 PM

LOL.. Oh yes, Maserati's are very popular around Boca Raton. Ferrari's and Lambo's are also plentiful. Lots of Range Rovers and big AMG SUVs. Have only seen one regular Stelvio but no Quads since I started tracking them a few months ago.

2019 Black Quad
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 AM

Since I started looking several months ago, I have not seen a Quad on any road, I was in So Cal for a while, Vegas, Utah and Ohio,,, nothing. I've seen one Giulia Quad and 0 Stelvio Quads
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 09:05 AM

I've had mine for about 8 months or so.. and I haven't seen another Quad Stelvio on the road.

2018 Stelvio Quadrifoglio Vesuvio Grey
GLAM SHOT
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 11:38 AM

Going on 10 months and on the road I've only seen 1 Giulia Quad and 2 standard Stelvios (no Quads). And yeah the Maserati's are getting popular around me also. In the past year 2 neighbors with Maserati's.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 05:49 PM

well... best of both worlds - a Q and a Maserati :-)[attach] Here my babies...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	056E48C6-5C8C-4DBF-91D2-9352F499766D_1560289718576.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	739.7 KB
ID:	15389  
lost1750GTV and OhioF1 like this.

Last edited by thebimbo; 06-11-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page