Race mode for 4cylinder! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

I beg to differ, but I have actual race mode, EC has what might be labelled as dynamic plus.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 02:38 PM

I want a race mode that lowers the car 2 inches in the front, 1 2/3rds in the rear, then pushes the rear wheels outside the body and makes them become 40's or something utterly ridiculous. Then makes the front fascia look like it's snarling...smoke should be coming out of the tail pipes...and most important there is a button that lets me drop banana peels and oils slicks to trip my competitors...and a cannon to get the one's ahead of me......and makes my passenger turn into Yoshi, Princess Peach, or Luigi. I get to decide which.

...and has a passive laser restraint system. Cause I've wanted to know what that could be since I was like 10 or something.

Otherwise...a tune and race mode might be cool...I want a second Stelvio to tune high enough to out run a Quad. The weight difference between engines -could- make a highly tuned 4 a true killer... (you want the adaptive susp and lsd rear) and this engine has a lot of room in it - I think -.

How long before it self-destructed would be the question.....???
tom1356, Flunx and Zatara like this.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

all that aside, I'm old enough that what is called race mode or track mode etc - to me that is normal, and the other levels of "drivers assistance/intrusion" are for the most part frustrating unnecessary 21st century stuff.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:18 PM

NOOOICE!!!! FIND!!! Going to do this in the next month.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
all that aside, I'm old enough that what is called race mode or track mode etc - to me that is normal, and the other levels of "drivers assistance/intrusion" are for the most part frustrating unnecessary 21st century stuff.
Agreed 100%
I have phase 2, and it’s great! But I still want race mode. The more nannies off when I want to play the better.
lost1750GTV likes this.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX View Post
I was able to successfully activate race mode. It is easy, you need MES and some skills to remove/replace the knob.
First you have do remove the knob and verify it's the one with 10 pins, if it is with less pins, you need to actually get one with RACE mode to test if it will work.
If you have the knob with 10 pins, you can test if RACE mode is available without the new knob.
After you get a new knob with race mode, or you have the one with 10 pins, you can use MES to go in PROXI, use Ctrl+Shift+C in Adjustments tab and change byte 88 from B4 to D4. Press ok and do PROXI Alignment. Complete ABS calibrations after PROXI is complete and you're almost good to go.
Now the tricky part - if you have knob with 10 pins, find a 90.8 ohm resistor (or build one by daisy chaining enough resistors to get to 90.8 ohms (this number does not have to exact 90 ohms or 92 ohms will work as well)). When you're ready with the resistor, connect the knob to its connector, start the car, go to D and connect the resistor for a second between pins 5 and 6, on the back of the connector going to the DNA knob. If you have done everything properly you should have RACE mode enabled. The resistor must be connected only when knob in D mode and you have to connect it only for a second, just to switch the mode to RACE, then remove it. If everything goes well, order the correct knob and have fun while you get it.
I have attached a few images - the knob, RACE mode activated and the resistors I've used to test [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
I picked up some resistors today so I can try connecting pins 5 and 6 after I enable the change on my Giulia with MES to test this out before I buy a new RDNA knob. Can someone tell me how the pins are numbered?
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 04:37 PM

FYI, the thread over on Giuliaforums says you actually need to add 147 Ohms between pins 5 and 6 to achieve ~98 ohms when the resistance in parallel is accounted for.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:52 PM

To clarify, D mode has a resistance of 236, which in parallel with 147 ohms, yields the ~90.8 ohms needed to engage.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 06:32 PM
DeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkebb View Post
I picked up some resistors today so I can try connecting pins 5 and 6 after I enable the change on my Giulia with MES to test this out before I buy a new RDNA knob. Can someone tell me how the pins are numbered?
The pin numbers are stamped on the back of the button inside the female connector and on the back of the male connector where the cables go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkebb View Post
To clarify, D mode has a resistance of 236, which in parallel with 147 ohms, yields the ~90.8 ohms needed to engage.
Mine is working with 90 ohms in parallel. I am saying what I verified to be working. When i realized i really need 147 ohm resistor, I've already installed the temp solution. It is still working with 90 ohm in parallel to the 236 ohms from D mode. The strangest part is, that it is working even when I'm in A mode and I press the button to connect the 90 ohms in parallel! When I release the button it goes back to A though, but it triggers race mode when pressed.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 03:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX View Post
The pin numbers are stamped on the back of the button inside the female connector and on the back of the male connector where the cables go in.

Mine is working with 90 ohms in parallel. I am saying what I verified to be working. When i realized i really need 147 ohm resistor, I've already installed the temp solution. It is still working with 90 ohm in parallel to the 236 ohms from D mode. The strangest part is, that it is working even when I'm in A mode and I press the button to connect the 90 ohms in parallel! When I release the button it goes back to A though, but it triggers race mode when pressed.
Not so strange, as you will have overlapping resistance ranges due to your choice of resistor.....

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page