Hands Free Liftgate (open with foot) - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Hands Free Liftgate (open with foot)

How do you get this option on US spec car? It's mentioned in the manual but there's no way to order it.
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 05:58 AM

We've been waiting for this option to become available too but I received a note from the dealer (1/16/18) that this will not be available on the 2018's.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:17 AM

The owner's manual is full of explanations for "if equipped" options that are not available.

Stelvio Ti Sport Misano Blue
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 09:20 AM

Total bummer, another thing to have to wait for (because this is something I definitely want) It's a total tease to have this all "if equipped" stuff LOL. Then Alfa doesn't tell you when its coming :-( Does anyone know if the "convenience package" this is part of also includes that touchpad controller others have mentioned is "coming"
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 06:17 PM

Garage
ha, ha, ha, that was on my TO DO LIST for my Stelvio....glad I didn't try setting it up, lol

2018 Stelvio TI Sport AWD Package 22S,, Driver Assistance Package, Dynamic Plus Package, HK Premium radio, 8.8" Bluetooth 3D Nav., Convenience Package, 19" dark hole aluminum wheels, - Vulcano Black Metallic/Red Interior -MFR Date: 6/2017.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 06:47 PM

yeah absolutely the most disappointing element is the manual full of "if equipped"
and it's virtually impossible to determine what the car has or doesn't have.
would've been far better and less confusing had the manual been issued with the real world options actually available. to which they could updated.
But it's in italian company and this is pretty normal (lots of years with ducatis,
aprilias and mv agustas, has lowered expectations of things making sense"
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlfevans View Post
The owner's manual is full of explanations for "if equipped" options that are not available.
skr9 likes this.

Chris

Alfa Rosso Ti Sport
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

There are (3) ways to open the liftgate without the foot swing: Front button on window control panel, drivers side door; 2X press on the fob; button on the liftgate itself.

Agree about the manual (they're all like that) but have to say the big number of standard features in the vehicle actually helps because Stelvio is very well equipped out of the wrapper. Using Volvo for example, when we added the things we wanted, it involved packages to bump the price to high '50s and we were pleasantly surprised to find most of those things that matter are standard in base Stelvio-- and a few of the things we didn't want (example: sunroof) were available with lots of selection to choose on the 2 dealer lots we visited.

It's very difficult to take a complex vehicle with lots of features and boil it down to a simple manual. Maybe that's why they went to the trouble to do all of the nice videos. I would add that there is a learning curve but most things are intuitive enough and I'm one of those owners that 'BOND' to my vehicle and love getting to know every aspect.

We had a total blast shopping for this vehicle-- and the honeymoon hasn't worn off yet!
claffeeba likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 03:27 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalewoodman View Post

We had a total blast shopping for this vehicle-- and the honeymoon hasn't worn off yet!
I feel cheated. My wife and I went to the Alfa dealer first and she made up her mind that the Stelvio was the only one for her. I had dreams of driving everything for fun! I wanted to see the look on the Porsche dealer's face when I tried to order a stripped down Macan S (options are outrageously priced at Porsche and I don't care for most of them).

I am an auto enthusiast so I know all of the Stelvio competition well, but I wanted the new car dance with the salesman (woman hopefully) pulling on my shirt to hold me in the dealer showroom. Ahhh, what could have been!

You did it right Scalewoodman!
Scalewoodman likes this.

Stelvio Ti Sport Misano Blue
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 06:25 PM

Sadly its getting to a point that someone who wants to enjoy some of what cars used to have will have to budget for a 2nd car. Personally i'm planning to get the Stelvio and then wait for something truly sporty like the upcoming Porsche 718 GT4.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

If you are in a place to do that- go for it! For me the Stelvio is a perfect daily driver. Enjoy!
claffeeba likes this.

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page