Would you buy a Stelvio all over again? - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-01-2019, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

Would you buy a Stelvio all over again?

I am shopping around at a bunch of different makes of crossovers and one of them is the Stelvio TI /TI Sport.

I know the old track record of Alfa Romeo and still read about issues with them.

I am right now in a Jaguar F-Pace 35t (Supercharged v6) that is going through a buyback due to the problems since buying it, and last thing I want is to pick another brand that will give me problems.

So are 19's or 18's still having problems that would make me rethink the purchase?
post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 02:14 AM

I beat the crap out of mine.

Perfect, no problems outside of some minor stupidity (rear power hatch buttons stick, sunvisor holder broke. Neither affect me, the visor stays in place and doesn't rattle even with the holder gone), I would buy it all over again in a heartbeat....except I'de get a TI with LSD and active susp.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 08:39 AM

Garage
No regerts as the kids would say. Only thing I’d do different is ditch the sunroof and override my wife being cheap and put XPEL on. The car is more dependable than my previous Kia and two subarus’s prior. Drives like a grownup version of the WRX and I can haul a half ton of mulch home in a pinch. I’ve even brought a king size mattress home in it.
Partsguy20 and Angel Rain like this.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport: Misano Blue with yellow calipers

Performance pack, leather dash, sunroof, CarPlay/AA, HK upgrade (-3 fade +7 bass -3 mid -4 treble)
post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Garage
In a heartbeat!

Falling in love again... I love my Stelvio Ti Sport, and if I had to do all over, I'd pick the exact same vehicle. I did not get the Stelvio for it's luxury, I did not get it for its entertainment system, I did not get it for its absolute beauty, I got it because 108 years of racing makes it what it is; simply amazing to drive. Nuff said.

Donít Panic! The truth is out there.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
2004 Saab 9.3 T Convertible
2001 Moto Guzzi California Special
2005 Bajaj Chetak
19xx Vespa
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 10:07 AM

'In a heartbeat!
Falling in love again... I love my Stelvio Ti Sport, and if I had to do all over, I'd pick the exact same vehicle. I did not get the Stelvio for it's luxury, I did not get it for its entertainment system, I did not get it for its absolute beauty, I got it because 108 years of racing makes it what it is; simply amazing to drive. Nuff said."

exactly ^
there isn't another vehicle out there that I would prefer, at any price.
and if I wasn't fortunate enough to spring for the quad, my second plenty happy choice would have been in a ti lusso stelvio.
TiSport and Angel Rain like this.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:27 AM

Garage
To follow up; I do not know how many of the "new USA owners" had the opportunity to own or drive the old USA Alfas. When I had to give up my GTV6 (a Bond, James Bond car - see last part of Octopussy when Bond steals a GTV6 and races two cop cars; BMW's), I was heartbroken, and wondering if I would ever have another Alfa, because by that time, Alfa had pulled out of the US.

But after owning three Alfas, I knew the driving experience would never be the same - and yes, I've had a number of very nice and fun cars and loved my Vanden Plus with its tray tables and smooth ride, but none ever had that sense of doing whatever I asked - I once outran a Mustang 5.0 in my little 2.5 liter GTV6 (at least until we got on a long straight...

Yeah, I'd do it all again and love every minute behind the wheel, like no other car...

Also, the only time in 28 k miles I've been back to the shop, was to install the red start button, and do routine maintenance...

Donít Panic! The truth is out there.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
2004 Saab 9.3 T Convertible
2001 Moto Guzzi California Special
2005 Bajaj Chetak
19xx Vespa
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:29 PM

I would buy it again for sure!!!!

I feel the only thing I would change is delete the Static and Dynamic options to save the $3000 or so and the beeping and I have the lane departure turned off all the time and I learned how to drive using mirrors and my eyes and shoulder checks anyway. So those two to me are kinda useless.

I have the early build with NO Apple - Android car play and that is fine to me. I use apple phone, tablet and laptop and still I can survive without it. I plug in the phone via cable for music to my I tunes library and its just fine.

I would think every car out there these days has little issues like recalls, buttons such as the trunk latch and hood latch that are not always easy but this one has been far superior to my last few in every way.

I don't think unless you venture way above the $100K price point you will get so much fun to drive and turn so many heads.

I love it and it makes me smile each time I get in and take it out.

I found a T-shirt on Ebay that sums it all up. It reads on the front "You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Alfa Romeo and that is the same thing"
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Yes, yes, yes! I purchased a used Stelvio with everything I could have ever wanted! Build date 7/17 beautiful Rosso red with 20" wheels. I test drove a Jaguar F Pace last year thinking it would be my next car. LMAO absolutely hated it! This is my dream car dream come true. Buying a used car is a risk in itself, but I was incredibly fortunate. Any issues I have had have been addressed with the original dealership who serviced my Stelvio and Alfa Romeo customer care. I took a chance and haven't looked back.

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport AWD Rosso w/red calipers.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:52 PM

Garage
Probably but I'm not gonna lie that my eyes have been looking at other cars. This car has FANTASTIC value, very happy with it!
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 01:59 PM

I'm not a car guy and the Stelvio has its quirks. It definitely has its quirks. You need to sit in the car, try ALL the buttons and knobs, radio controls, nav system. But I love this car. It is NOT a Lexus or Volvo.. I have the TI without the sports stuff, but fully optioned. It may be somewhat in the luxury car price range, but it is not a luxury car if you like soft leather and a soft ride. You buy this car because in your heart you want a sports car, but have to be somewhat practical. This is primarily a driver's car that handles really really well, almost intuitive, no effort, responsive to steering and braking input, and can roar. It is a little bit bad boy. Once you're out of the driveway and actually going down the road, you smile and say this is a nice car to drive. I have never driven a finer driving car in terms of handling . It has it's quirks, but you get used to them fast. I'm betting virtually every owner now automatically reaches down to the left and punches off the auto on/off start button as soon as they start the car. I have a 2017 build 2018 model. Just be sure to get a 2018/19 build and all the early adopter quirks shouldn't show up for you, if you buy. Read the posts regarding battery. That is not a car issue. That is AR trying to save a few bucks issue.
TiSport, CBRacerX and Partsguy20 like this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page