Things I would Change If I could - Page 4 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 69Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfanuts View Post
Man, I feel like i in leashed a monster here. LOL

It would be nice if all this stuff we talk about reaches the designers or engineers at Alfa and for them to actually care to listen and implement these minor adjustments to make their customer happy. You know, like Japanese cars makers 🙂
There was a list months ago of things that could be fixed with software updates but I don't know anything ever came of it. https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/2...s-factory.html

Here's my list, several of these of duplicates. My wife is the primary driver of our Stelvio and she absolutely loves it. I also drive it quite a bit. A couple things on this list might not affect the primary driver. Overall it's a blast to drive and we are both really happy with it.

1. I'd like to disable the easy exit function. I saw this is now available with the most recent firmware but it doesn't appear Alfa has any interest in providing updates for those of us with pre December 11,2017 build dates.

2. I'd like to be able to link the key fobs to the seat memory positions. This one really annoys me, every car I've had going to back to a 2005 Nissan Murano have had this function. This would also allow for separate radio presets, climate control settings, etc

3. Not being able to tilt the front of the seats. I'm 6'1" and have a hard time finding the perfect seating position. If I could raise the front of the seat just a little more...

4. I'm definitely in the minority on this one but I actually like the start/stop function. My issue is when the AC is set to Auto, which is where I always have it, it restarts too quickly. I'm ok with the interior warming a couple degrees at a stop light before it restarts.

5. Delay setting for the rear wiper

6. A couple of bugs I'd like to see squashed via software updates, the parking sensors should turn off when in park, occasionally the clock will switch itself to 24-hour format, the radio will occasionally switch to preset #1 when the car is started, when navigating Sirius stations it always starts at the top of the list, not the station you're currently listening to.
post #32 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

On more thing since we are knee deep in Alfa’s Blood right now 😜 it would be nice to have “Alfa Romeo” or “Stelvio” script door sills like the Giulia. That area feels a bit cheap without that imo.
post #33 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 05:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfanuts View Post
Man, I feel like i in leashed a monster here. LOL

It would be nice if all this stuff we talk about reaches the designers or engineers at Alfa and for them to actually care to listen and implement these minor adjustments to make their customer happy. You know, like Japanese cars makers 🙂
This Thread should be point to Alfa Costumer Care that has I know is here in the forum.. so that I hope they will follow to where it matters to hear us all.. and make fine tuning on the cars.

All brand should be Costumer centric... sale.. what we buy and not what they want.
Its a sentiment that is cross every industries and companies.
post #34 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 AM

I like the car, but it does feel unfinished. I’m hoping Alfa will sort out at least most of the issues in the next year or two because I really want to get Giulia in a couple of years, but will probably pass if the car stays the same. Some of the things I don’t like like about the Stelvio are:
1) Amount of body roll even in D mode.
2) Not having touch screen with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto.
3) Car stays in too high of a gear for D mode. A lot of lag when you are slowing down and then need to accelerate quickly.
4) Assembly issues (whistling wind noise, panels that creak like an old Chevy Cavalier).
5) Tilt mirrors for parking to see curbs.
6) Add 360 bird view camera.
7) Add tilt adjustment to at least a driver’s seat.
8) Tilt the sunroof without opening the shade all the way (BMW just slides the shade a few inches).
9) Disable parking assist when in park.

That’s all I can remember for now, I’m sure I’ll be reminded of more when I go for a drive.
Flunx and AlfaDAL like this.
post #35 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 06:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq2 View Post
If you don't like that, why not just switch it off in the infotainment ("driver assistance") ....
Hi,

Sorry bugging you with that again...
I really cant find it.

Can you post a pictures of the place where I can turn it off.

Thank you.

Flavio
post #36 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yes, I'm now an accountant but I have an 11 year background in custom audio (2yrs car audio installation, 9yrs custom home theater system design & installation) so I have some pretty good experience and understanding of it.
Cool. any recommendations for the settings? I think I have bass and treble at 5, mid at 3, and fade in the middle.
post #37 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunx View Post
Hi,

Sorry bugging you with that again...
I really cant find it.

Can you post a pictures of the place where I can turn it off.

Thank you.

Flavio
No problem. However, it was only introduced with the latest software version 072.xxx.xxx , versions before that don't have it.
So you would need to check your infotainment software version under :
settings > system > software update > current version

if you have v.072.xxx.xxx, you can enable easy entry under :
settings > system > driver assistance > easy entry
Flunx likes this.

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp
post #38 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:20 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq2 View Post
No problem. However, it was only introduced with the latest software version 072.xxx.xxx , versions before that don't have it.
So you would need to check your infotainment software version under :
settings > system > software update > current version

if you have v.072.xxx.xxx, you can enable easy entry under :
settings > system > driver assistance > easy entry
I saw the "easy entry".. but I didnt thought it was that. (I was thinking a more specific .. like "mirror open" On/Off.)
I will check when I ll go back to the car.
My car was picked up this friday 24/08/2018... I wonder if the software version is the latest.

Thanks again @jwq2

Flavio
post #39 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunx View Post
I saw the "easy entry".. but I didnt thought it was that. ..............
Flavio
If you see "Easy Entry" - on/off in the menu, you must have the later software version. see pic

Oh sorry, I guess you were talking about the mirrors. The above is re Easy Access
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	11395  

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp

Last edited by jwq2; 08-28-2018 at 01:26 PM.
post #40 of 94 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 01:30 PM

Garage
If it's about the mirrors, the option should also be under driver assist, but it depends a bit on the market . See
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Knipsel.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	11397  
Flunx likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page