What MPG are you getting - Page 3 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJessemey View Post
The UK brochure quotes the compression ratio as 10:1.
I can't seem to find any official documentation for that number. I did find it on a couple 3rd party websites, but they also listed the engine as 190hp - 200hp, so I dismissed it as false, however 10:1 does sound far more believable, especially for a high boost turbo engine.

I used the calculator here:
https://www.summitracing.com/experta...ion-calculator

and the official specs located here:
https://www.alfaromeousa.com/content...ifications.pdf

but now that I try to re-do the numbers I think I mis-entered something as I can't get anything meaningful to calculate again (it's saying 2:1 ratio now!), so I believe my conversion to the tools inputs was faulty.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, Rosso Alfa Red, Black sport seats & interior, sun roof, HK audio system
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-25-2017, 09:23 AM

I seem to be averaging 22 or so mpg in N mode which is pretty much the same as my wife's 500x.

Chris

Alfa Rosso Ti Sport
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-27-2017, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Running 25.1 in mixed driving using 93 octane this tank. Excellent. I am a pretty conservative driver but Temps are very Chilly at the moment. Fill ups are about half as many as my previous beloved Jeep.

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 10:18 AM

thanks for the reply.. appreciate it.

Thanks !
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 09:01 AM

Don’t drive in “A” mode!!! This post is a bit tongue-in-cheek as we say. One of the Forum members said in passing the other day that MPG was not really something to be focused on. They said (and I apologize that I don’t recall who it was) they reminded themselves of Why they bought an Alfa. It is not to get world-class gas mileage. So, after driving around in “A” mode the past week, I switched back to “N” yesterday. What a difference it makes! I can feel the Joy again of driving this vehicle. I live in Minnesota where the roads can be covered with snow many months of the year. I do not recommend driving in “D” mode with snow or ice covered roads. At least I have not found it terribly easy to control the Stelvio when doing so. I will save “D” mode for Spring, Summer, and Fall driving. Enjoy your Alfa!!
Edit Report
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrM. View Post
Don’t drive in “A” mode!!! This post is a bit tongue-in-cheek as we say. One of the Forum members said in passing the other day that MPG was not really something to be focused on. They said (and I apologize that I don’t recall who it was) they reminded themselves of Why they bought an Alfa. It is not to get world-class gas mileage. So, after driving around in “A” mode the past week, I switched back to “N” yesterday. What a difference it makes! I can feel the Joy again of driving this vehicle. I live in Minnesota where the roads can be covered with snow many months of the year. I do not recommend driving in “D” mode with snow or ice covered roads. At least I have not found it terribly easy to control the Stelvio when doing so. I will save “D” mode for Spring, Summer, and Fall driving. Enjoy your Alfa!!
Edit Report
I turned it to A for a bit when cruising down the highway for an hour or so, didn't see any difference from N, so I went back to N. Soon as I got off the highway I went back to D/M, because of the snow and greater feel and control I felt I had. I like feeling the rear end get squirrelly when I give it a touch too much throttle, that's how you know how much grip you have. Just with our Q4 AWD as the backup you then have 2 more wheels to split the grip between as soon as you need it. Fun like a RWD, capable like an AWD.
WanderingDane likes this.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, Rosso Alfa Red, Black sport seats & interior, sun roof, HK audio system
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 05:13 PM

I averaged 26.5 mpg on my 699 mile drive home from the dealer (Costa Mesa, CA to Salt Lake City). That of course was mostly highway miles, but also included some non-highway miles at the beginning and during pitstops, etc. Being a new car I made an effort to vary driving speeds, but I did do some experimenting at different speeds to test the gas mileage.

For a 40 mile stretch of completely flat Nevada desert I set cruise control at 65 mph and got 34.2 mpg.

I set it at 80 during a 60 mile stretch of mostly flat road in Utah and got 25.2 mpg.

117 mostly flat miles at 75 mph came in at 30.3 mpg.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

I now have 5,000 on the clock and still averaging 22MPG UK
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

About 6700 miles and averaging 25-27 MPG in mixed local driving; 28-30 highway depending on wind conditions. Prius drivers pass me all the time and give me the finger (not)!

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
25mpg average in 2000 miles 70% highway 30% town, 95 ron petrol

Italian Stelvio 280hp owner from Padua

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page