Update: Service admitted to incompetence - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Update: Service admitted to incompetence

A flat bed came and took my Stelvio yesterday with a stern warning to get rid of it and not get another...despite this and apprehension on my part, I LOVE THE STELVIO, it’s a unique animal out here among the masses of commoners and I’m just not a “whatever” kind of girl. I like cars. Unique cars. Nevertheless, the car is back in service and they brought me a 2019 White Ti Sport w/ red interior. I’m happy with this. Apparently they already know the problem and it is just as @ALPAOFFROAD described, all stemming from the initial tranny replacement and then even admitted it was their fault. Incompetence just as @ALPHAOFFROAD said. The question is, what would you do about this? Many miles, much time, gas and stress/anxiety has been had on someone who can’t handle it. I’m disabled and have had so many heart, lung, vascular, spine surgeries and procedures I can’t count. And no, not behavioral (I’m not a fat, lazy person) but congenital that was exacerbated from our daughters birth. I apologize for all the posts, there should be a thread as there have been many but I am extremely grateful for all your input and help, it’s been far greater than Alpha Care. So...it looks like I’ll be getting this car back...I stripped it of everything yesterday never wanting to see it again but I suppose technically I have to give them a chance to make it right. If they don’t after this they will be sorry. I just think they owe me due to there incompetence...it’s not as if the dealership is around the corner but 2hrs away - 4 hrs round trip and over 200 miles. Anyway, have a happy 4th of July and keep driving Alpha’s.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:29 PM

This is a tough call -- I absolutely love my Stelvio, but other than a broken windshield, I've had zero issues so I'm biased. I would 100% try again, but I also don't have the horrible experience you do.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 09:39 PM

Brutal man. Don't give up. It is an outstanding vehicle. Hopefully AR will make this right for you.

2018 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Misano Blue with yellow calipers

Forza Componenti exhaust controller (model E3)
Ceramic Pro coating

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 01:48 AM

I have heard that the 2018s had some issues with infotainment system and there are probably a few other things but I know a lot of the 2018 complaints were fixed with the 2019 models.

In general I do have a lot of faith that these vehicles will be just as good as anything else on the road. I have driven a Chrysler mini van for 17 years and over 150,000 miles and basically no issues. The electronics in the alfa are all Chrysler and have been well vetted over the years. We already know the German transmission will be flawless so that just leaves 2.0L turbo.

I believe Alfa has been making 4 cylinder engines along time so I don't see any reason why this engine would not perform as well or better than any other 4 cylinder turbo.

I have been a BMW loyal customer since 1986, but I believe this vehicle will outmatch BMW and so I'm willing to give Alfa a try.
ALFAOFFROAD, Gator1 and harvest like this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzip View Post
i have heard that the 2018s had some issues with infotainment system and there are probably a few other things but i know a lot of the 2018 complaints were fixed with the 2019 models.

In general i do have a lot of faith that these vehicles will be just as good as anything else on the road. I have driven a chrysler mini van for 17 years and over 150,000 miles and basically no issues. The electronics in the alfa are all chrysler and have been well vetted over the years. We already know the german transmission will be flawless so that just leaves 2.0l turbo.

I believe alfa has been making 4 cylinder engines along time so i don't see any reason why this engine would not perform as well or better than any other 4 cylinder turbo.

I have been a bmw loyal customer since 1986, but i believe this vehicle will outmatch bmw and so i'm willing to give alfa a try.

wow ..... Its so simple!!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 04:59 PM

It is that simple. All cars. You like it, you fix it and live with it, you get rid of it.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1015 View Post
A flat bed came and took my Stelvio yesterday with a stern warning to get rid of it and not get another...despite this and apprehension on my part, I LOVE THE STELVIO, itís a unique animal out here among the masses of commoners and Iím just not a ďwhateverĒ kind of girl. I like cars. Unique cars. Nevertheless, the car is back in service and they brought me a 2019 White Ti Sport w/ red interior. Iím happy with this. Apparently they already know the problem and it is just as @ALPAOFFROAD described, all stemming from the initial tranny replacement and then even admitted it was their fault. Incompetence just as @ALPHAOFFROAD said. The question is, what would you do about this? Many miles, much time, gas and stress/anxiety has been had on someone who canít handle it. Iím disabled and have had so many heart, lung, vascular, spine surgeries and procedures I canít count. And no, not behavioral (Iím not a fat, lazy person) but congenital that was exacerbated from our daughters birth. I apologize for all the posts, there should be a thread as there have been many but I am extremely grateful for all your input and help, itís been far greater than Alpha Care. So...it looks like Iíll be getting this car back...I stripped it of everything yesterday never wanting to see it again but I suppose technically I have to give them a chance to make it right. If they donít after this they will be sorry. I just think they owe me due to there incompetence...itís not as if the dealership is around the corner but 2hrs away - 4 hrs round trip and over 200 miles. Anyway, have a happy 4th of July and keep driving Alphaís.
Did you get your car back fixed or did they replace your original Stelvio?

You might see about speaking to Alfa Romeo Customer Service about a replacement vehicle?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginibeacher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek1015 View Post
A flat bed came and took my Stelvio yesterday with a stern warning to get rid of it and not get another...despite this and apprehension on my part, I LOVE THE STELVIO, it’s a unique animal out here among the masses of commoners and I’m just not a “whatever” kind of girl. I like cars. Unique cars. Nevertheless, the car is back in service and they brought me a 2019 White Ti Sport w/ red interior. I’m happy with this. Apparently they already know the problem and it is just as @ALPAOFFROAD described, all stemming from the initial tranny replacement and then even admitted it was their fault. Incompetence just as @ALPHAOFFROAD said. The question is, what would you do about this? Many miles, much time, gas and stress/anxiety has been had on someone who can’t handle it. I’m disabled and have had so many heart, lung, vascular, spine surgeries and procedures I can’t count. And no, not behavioral (I’m not a fat, lazy person) but congenital that was exacerbated from our daughters birth. I apologize for all the posts, there should be a thread as there have been many but I am extremely grateful for all your input and help, it’s been far greater than Alpha Care. So...it looks like I’ll be getting this car back...I stripped it of everything yesterday never wanting to see it again but I suppose technically I have to give them a chance to make it right. If they don’t after this they will be sorry. I just think they owe me due to there incompetence...it’s not as if the dealership is around the corner but 2hrs away - 4 hrs round trip and over 200 miles. Anyway, have a happy 4th of July and keep driving Alpha’s.
Did you get your car back fixed or did they replace your original Stelvio?

You might see about speaking to Alfa Romeo Customer Service about a replacement vehicle?
I did but it’s still making the same noise it did when this happened the last time and makes a loud whining noise when I accelerate. I know something isn’t right and they need to remedy the situation. I have contacted Alfacare last week and tried escalating it to the next level and they said they couldn’t. At that time I said I would give them this final attempt to fix due to saying they realized their error and thought they knew how to fix it but obviously there are major issues with this car and I want a new one or a buy back. This has been a nightmare! I can relate to you for certain.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Tom

Since it seems neither the dealer or Alfacare are capable of making this right, I'd say it's time to start the lemon car process.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Since it seems neither the dealer or Alfacare are capable of making this right, I'd say it's time to start the lemon car process.
I agree and am. Thank you.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page