2019 Quadrifoglio faint clicking/popping/crackling - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WOP_Drive
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2019 Quadrifoglio faint clicking/popping/crackling

Thought I'd share. . . . I have a 2019 QV with 2000 miles. . . drives amazingly I plan to bring it in for it's first oil change around 5K. One of the items I'll bring up with the Service Mgr is a clicking/popping/crackling sound at low speeds (could also happen at high speeds but can't hear it above the engine or radio). . . while in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the left front part of the dash. It's faint but noticeable. It happens no matter if I'm in fwd/reverse, D,N,A, Race, on the brake or off the brake, turning the wheel or straight-away.

It's most noticeable when braking at lights, coming off the brake at lights, during parking or pulling out of park spots. . . like I said. . .low speeds.

My guess is that it's electrical and that it's either in the steering or braking system. . . and for all I know it's perfectly normal.

I'll most certainly take the Service Mgr on a drive so he hears it.

Anyone else notice this?

2019 Stelvio QV, Misano Blue, Nero Edizione, Green Stitch
2005 4Runner Sport, V8
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
Thought I'd share. . . . I have a 2019 QV with 2000 miles. . . drives amazingly I plan to bring it in for it's first oil change around 5K. One of the items I'll bring up with the Service Mgr is a clicking/popping/crackling sound at low speeds (could also happen at high speeds but can't hear it above the engine or radio). . . while in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the left front part of the dash. It's faint but noticeable. It happens no matter if I'm in fwd/reverse, D,N,A, Race, on the brake or off the brake, turning the wheel or straight-away.

It's most noticeable when braking at lights, coming off the brake at lights, during parking or pulling out of park spots. . . like I said. . .low speeds.

My guess is that it's electrical and that it's either in the steering or braking system. . . and for all I know it's perfectly normal.

I'll most certainly take the Service Mgr on a drive so he hears it.

Anyone else notice this?
Hi WOP_Drive,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while your Quadrifoglio is in service, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
AlfaRomeoCares
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeoCares View Post
Hi WOP_Drive,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while your Quadrifoglio is in service, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
AlfaRomeoCares
Shall do, Mark! Thanks for reaching out! I'll keep ya'll posted
AlfaRomeoCares likes this.

2005 4Runner Sport, V8
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
Shall do, Mark! Thanks for reaching out! I'll keep ya'll posted
You're most welcome, WOP_Drive!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:54 AM

Air vent?

@WOP_Drive ,

I haven't noticed anything electronic, but I do hear a slight clicking vibration. It is coming from the air vent to the left of the steering wheel. If I move it from open to closed the clicking goes away. My guess it that it is coming from the inside mechanism, since just touching/holding the vent doesn't do anything.

Craig
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.martell View Post
@WOP_Drive ,

I haven't noticed anything electronic, but I do hear a slight clicking vibration. It is coming from the air vent to the left of the steering wheel. If I move it from open to closed the clicking goes away. My guess it that it is coming from the inside mechanism, since just touching/holding the vent doesn't do anything.

Craig
Thanks so much for providing your input, Craig! I'll give it a try later today during my commute home. I have my doubts this will remedy the sound, but definitely worth a try!

I'm likely a couple months out from my first (complimentary) oil change
where I'll have Alfa analyze the noise. . . I hope they either fix it or tell me not to worry about it.

Stay tuned. . . .

2005 4Runner Sport, V8

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page