2019 Quadrifoglio faint clicking/popping/crackling - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WOP_Drive
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
WOP_Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 27
Garage
2019 Quadrifoglio faint clicking/popping/crackling

Thought I'd share. . . . I have a 2019 QV with 2000 miles. . . drives amazingly I plan to bring it in for it's first oil change around 5K. One of the items I'll bring up with the Service Mgr is a clicking/popping/crackling sound at low speeds (could also happen at high speeds but can't hear it above the engine or radio). . . while in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the left front part of the dash. It's faint but noticeable. It happens no matter if I'm in fwd/reverse, D,N,A, Race, on the brake or off the brake, turning the wheel or straight-away.

It's most noticeable when braking at lights, coming off the brake at lights, during parking or pulling out of park spots. . . like I said. . .low speeds.

My guess is that it's electrical and that it's either in the steering or braking system. . . and for all I know it's perfectly normal.

I'll most certainly take the Service Mgr on a drive so he hears it.

Anyone else notice this?

2019 Stelvio QV, Misano Blue, Nero Edizione, Green Stitch
2005 4Runner Sport, V8
WOP_Drive is online now  
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 11:57 AM
Senior Member
 
AlfaRomeoCares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
Thought I'd share. . . . I have a 2019 QV with 2000 miles. . . drives amazingly I plan to bring it in for it's first oil change around 5K. One of the items I'll bring up with the Service Mgr is a clicking/popping/crackling sound at low speeds (could also happen at high speeds but can't hear it above the engine or radio). . . while in the driver's seat, it sounds like it's coming from the left front part of the dash. It's faint but noticeable. It happens no matter if I'm in fwd/reverse, D,N,A, Race, on the brake or off the brake, turning the wheel or straight-away.

It's most noticeable when braking at lights, coming off the brake at lights, during parking or pulling out of park spots. . . like I said. . .low speeds.

My guess is that it's electrical and that it's either in the steering or braking system. . . and for all I know it's perfectly normal.

I'll most certainly take the Service Mgr on a drive so he hears it.

Anyone else notice this?
Hi WOP_Drive,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while your Quadrifoglio is in service, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
AlfaRomeoCares
AlfaRomeoCares is online now  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
WOP_Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaRomeoCares View Post
Hi WOP_Drive,

Please know that if you are in need of any additional support while your Quadrifoglio is in service, our team would be more than happy to help. We are just a private message away.

Mark
AlfaRomeoCares
Shall do, Mark! Thanks for reaching out! I'll keep ya'll posted
AlfaRomeoCares likes this.

2019 Stelvio QV, Misano Blue, Nero Edizione, Green Stitch
2005 4Runner Sport, V8
WOP_Drive is online now  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 12:54 PM
Senior Member
 
AlfaRomeoCares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOP_Drive View Post
Shall do, Mark! Thanks for reaching out! I'll keep ya'll posted
You're most welcome, WOP_Drive!
AlfaRomeoCares is online now  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 09:54 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 12
Air vent?

@WOP_Drive ,

I haven't noticed anything electronic, but I do hear a slight clicking vibration. It is coming from the air vent to the left of the steering wheel. If I move it from open to closed the clicking goes away. My guess it that it is coming from the inside mechanism, since just touching/holding the vent doesn't do anything.

Craig
craig.martell is online now  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Unread Today, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
WOP_Drive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Colorado
Posts: 27
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.martell View Post
@WOP_Drive ,

I haven't noticed anything electronic, but I do hear a slight clicking vibration. It is coming from the air vent to the left of the steering wheel. If I move it from open to closed the clicking goes away. My guess it that it is coming from the inside mechanism, since just touching/holding the vent doesn't do anything.

Craig
Thanks so much for providing your input, Craig! I'll give it a try later today during my commute home. I have my doubts this will remedy the sound, but definitely worth a try!

I'm likely a couple months out from my first (complimentary) oil change
where I'll have Alfa analyze the noise. . . I hope they either fix it or tell me not to worry about it.

Stay tuned. . . .

2019 Stelvio QV, Misano Blue, Nero Edizione, Green Stitch
2005 4Runner Sport, V8
WOP_Drive is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome