V84 recall - fuel indicator - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

V84 recall - fuel indicator

Just got a notice that my 2019 is subject to a recall. Apparently the fuel level indicator may be showing too much fuel in the tank... The fix is a software update.
I never noticed this, so thinking if I should take the car in now, or just forget about it Anybody experienced this? How long do these software update recalls take?
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:26 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhos View Post
Just got a notice that my 2019 is subject to a recall. Apparently the fuel level indicator may be showing too much fuel in the tank... The fix is a software update.
I never noticed this, so thinking if I should take the car in now, or just forget about it Anybody experienced this? How long do these software update recalls take?
see
https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads...display.46120/

apparently very specific conditions, from Macgeek:
The specific conditions include being parked on a grade of more than 10 degrees, staying in that position for a long enough period of time (approx. 30 minutes), and having a tank filled between 50-75%. At this point, the vehicle will think it went through a refuel and add a notch or two to the fuel gauge upon restart. This additional fuel reading will persist until an actual refuel takes place; after which, the fuel reading will be accurate once again.

Fix is a software update. It will be made available sometime in the 3rd quarter.
lost1750GTV and Flunx like this.

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp

Last edited by jwq2; 08-03-2019 at 01:30 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

So basically nothing that actually requires an immediate trip to the dealer thanks for the info on the detailed conditions - couldn’t find those in the recall info.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:52 PM

It's available now as I had mine done today while I was having regular service done.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

I saw in the app that it was available, but I think I'll just wait until i do an oil change in another 6K or so. it's just that my dealer is about 40 miles away and I don't see any reason to be going there unless the recall is something that absolutely must be done. So far it looks like one doesn't even have to bother about it
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 12:34 PM

I am sure you can save the drive and get it done on next service. As Jwq2 mentioned above it can happen on a very specific situation so unless you park on a hill all the time I am sure you are ok to wait.

Software updates are a few minutes.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

that's the plan. more drive than work - same reason i fixed the rear wiper myself rather than taking it to the dealer - some drunk eastern european at the factory installed it the wrong way
Banffstelvio likes this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:18 AM

This is great recall, you get an accurate, or relatively accurate fuel reading now. So itís more than just fixing the fuel gage error from parking on a hill. I got it done and love it.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:10 PM

Garage
I had this recall done recently on my quad. Since then, I’ve only went through one tank of gas but it has been interesting. I felt like all previous tanks were somewhat inconsistent and inaccurate for: mileage, the gas gauge and low fuel indicator. I have been very deliberate since I got the vehicle to wait to fill up until the low fuel indicator light/notification was displayed for every single tank. The owners manual states that the low fuel indicator is displayed when there is 9 L remaining in the tank so since it’s a 64 L tank I should have been able to put at least (or around) 55 L (or more) every single time but I haven’t been able to. I just filled up tonight for the first time since the recall (but I had driven about 50km after the low fuel indicator came on and the range of the vehicle jumped from about 30km to “- -“). As you can see by the attached picture/spreadsheet that I keep on my phone, my mileage was improved by at least 2 L/100km and I was able to put an expected amount of fuel in it. I’ll see how future tanks go but so far I agree with Craiglink.

Let me know if you can’t see my mileage spreadsheet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	99780488-8069-44E8-B521-94B17663DB5A_1567134356649.png
Views:	31
Size:	834.8 KB
ID:	16323  

2019 Stelvio QV

Last edited by StelvioQuad; 08-29-2019 at 11:14 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-2019, 01:56 PM

So I went to get the recall update, they also updated the radio unit to 08-081-19, only real issue is the dealership experience. My dealership is integrated with Jeep, Ram and Dodge. Coming previously from 3 BMWs and 1 Audi, the dealership experience was horrible. I don't mean to sound like a snob but, the jalopy car I have is a Honda CRV and it was similar experience to that. I know some Alfa Romeo & FIAT dealerships are integrated with a Ferrari and Maserati dealership, but unfortunately mine is not. I hope eventually Alfa Romeo & Fiat will have enough volume of sales where they will have their own independent service center.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page