6Likes
  • 3 Post By OhioF1
  • 1 Post By 2ndcoming
  • 2 Post By Pete

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Can I add AppleCar Play?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I'm considering a new or used 2018 Stelvio and was wondering if I can add Apple CarPlay?

Thanks,
Guy
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 12:20 PM

Do a search of the forum for this. It’s covered extensively

2019 Stelvio QV
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Short answer (and others can correct if I have this wrong), probably not. 2018 models with Vin numbers ending B#####, will not have Carplay and it cannot be added. I have one of these. They represent most of the 2018 Stelvio's out there, especially any new leftovers. (my opinion from shopping) If you find a 2018 with a VIN ending C######, bingo, you are in better shape. It should have the ability to add Carplay or may have it. Personally, if this is an important feature for you, don't buy a 2018 unless Carplay is installed and they can demonstrate it to you with your phone. I don't have Carplay on my Stelvio and don't miss it since I never had it before. I wish Alfa offered an upgrade route on this, but they don't at this time, so it is what it is. Hopefully the aftermarket with fix this in the future.

StelvioQuad is correct there is a lot on this. So you can read to find out the exact details.

As a side note, the Stelvio is an incredible driving SUV. So that needs to be considered. For what 2018's are costing right now, there really isn't anything that drives like it that doesn't cost ten's of thousands more. (my opinion)

2018 Base Stelvio - Vulcano Black / Chocolate Interior.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM

Keep the RPM's up and you will not miss Apple CarPlay. It would be a shame to miss the driving experience based a one feature. Consider the entertainment system as being under the hood, not in the dash.
ALFAOFFROAD likes this.

His: 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport AWD, Stromboli Gray, Yellow Calipers, Chocolate Interior
Static & Dynamic Assist Packages, Sunroof, Headlamp Washers, Nav, HK Audio, Spare Tire, Block Heater

Hers: 2018 Stelvio Ti Sport AWD, Vulcano Black, Red Calipers, Black Interior
Static & Dynamic Assist Packages, Sunroof, Headlamp Washers, Nav, HK Audio, Spare Tire, Cargo Rails
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 02:54 PM

Garage
Who cares

I did not buy an Alfa for the yuppie bells and wishes. My third Alfa my first 2 only had an AM FM radio but they were fun to drive and that's what I bought them for.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page