Apple Carplay in Stelvio? - Page 62 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 299Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #611 of 620 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 08:42 PM

Apple carplay Update!!
Went to pickup my car from alfa dealer today to fix some warranty issues, spoke to him regarding apple car play hardware, he told me that whole head unit has to be replaced and costs around 1000$. I asked him how soon he can get the part, he told me he would provide me an update in couple of days. Anyway i will be re-visiting again for an update to the infotainment system which turns off and on while driving. I will keep u guys posted.
sfbayrealtor and MBW like this.
post #612 of 620 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:16 AM

I purchased a 2019 Sport today (well, yesterday now as I type this) and verifying that CarPlay comes standard was the first thing I did before committing. I grabbed a USB cable from my old car and plugged my iPhone into the Stelvio and then briefly lamented the lack of a touchscreen interface. So CarPlay works just fine, I just need to get used to the "old-school" dial.

-anson
post #613 of 620 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 12:55 PM

Thumbs up

Looking forward to your update @Sunny !
What year/build Stelvio do you have?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Apple carplay Update!!
Went to pickup my car from alfa dealer today to fix some warranty issues, spoke to him regarding apple car play hardware, he told me that whole head unit has to be replaced and costs around 1000$. I asked him how soon he can get the part, he told me he would provide me an update in couple of days. Anyway i will be re-visiting again for an update to the infotainment system which turns off and on while driving. I will keep u guys posted.
post #614 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 04:57 PM
KGB

Garage
Finally manage today to activate the AA and carplay on my Stelvio....it is basically a 5 min job for the dealer with their laptop.

In a few words:

1. Need to have software of 056 and up...mine is 059 car is produced April 2018
2. Need to have the USB hub with TWO usb ports...part number I have given earlier in the thread (maybe should start a new thread)
3. Install the USB hub...a little pain in the as.... on the Stelvio. Elearn has the wrong information of how to do it. I have pictures of whoever needs to install it.
4. Go to the dealer and using WiTech go to ETM settings and there is a setting for Carplay offline activation...do it it should say completed. Takes about 10sec.
5. Switch off the car and wait like 10mins and so...so the car goes to "sleep"
6. Connect your phone using GOOD USB cable most cables don't work. Also if there is lag change the cable...best is to use factory cables

Enjoy AA and carplay

p.s: will see what is changed in the proxi but most probably the activation is withing the ETM unit itself. We should try on a car with single USB to see if it is going to work...even that Alfa Italy says you need for sure the double USB hub.
Wilts_Stelvio and STLV like this.

Stelvio 2.2 Q4, Alfa 147 QVD 300+hp , Alfa Crosswagon Q4 edizione Nero, Alfa 159 TI QVD, Alfa 159 2.4 QVD, Fiat 500 X rosso
post #615 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Thanks @KGB . Mine is the same, software version 059, production date 04/2018. Apple CP works fine as you explained. Other combinations (software versions (higher) with appropriate hardware) work fine as well, explained in other threads.

TI Lusso 22X-Trofeo tri-coat white/Cannelloni crema-Assist Pckgs-SR-8.8" 3D Nav-HK-20" wheels-ACP. Arte e prestazione Italiane
post #616 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbayrealtor View Post

Thanks!
Its 2018 stelvio build before nov 2017. Donno the exact date.
MBW likes this.
post #617 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbayrealtor View Post

Thanks!
@sfbayrealtor My service advisor called me today, He told me that he checked with the parts department to find out the head unit for stelvio but he couldn't find any. He told me that he mistook stelvio for guilia so that he was in the assumption that the stelvio head unit can be replaced. so sad he has no idea when the alfa would retrofit the 2018 stelvio's with Apple carplay.
MBW likes this.
post #618 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Apple carplay Update!!
Hello Sunny.

My Stelvio is from July 2017. So you confirm that the hardware can be replaced to be compatible with Apple Car Play at a cost of about $ 1,000?

As soon as you have more information can you communicate them to me because I wish to give them to my dealer to order the modification on my Stelvio.
MBW likes this.

Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2.2 D 210HP / Porsche 991 Carrera S
post #619 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRIS6913 View Post
Hello Sunny.

My Stelvio is from July 2017. So you confirm that the hardware can be replaced to be compatible with Apple Car Play at a cost of about $ 1,000?

As soon as you have more information can you communicate them to me because I wish to give them to my dealer to order the modification on my Stelvio.
@CHRIS6913 Hi Chris,
No we cannot have apple car play installed from Alfa, coz our build date is before Nov 2017. Only guilia's have the apple car play part availability, the dealers are not sure when alfa will release the part for stelvio too.
MBW likes this.
post #620 of 620 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:04 PM

Garage
After my 2 year lease is up they will have a remedy for the car play on older stelvios
AlexZ and claffeeba like this.

Paul G Long island

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page