For those of you who want to install the dual USB hub needed for the activation of Android Auto/Apple Carplay
1. Check the software version of your ETM (aka the Nav system) to be at least 056 and up. 056 is update for older Nav systems up to 2018... usually the MY2018 start with 059. I have somewhere the 056 software so if someone needs it, send me a pm so I can upload it somewhere.
2. Install the new dual usb hub. EPER part number 0156143958 for the USA market it is a different number if I am not mistaken.
3. Well you have to dismantle your center tunnel (arm rest)...
4. Move both front seats at maximum front position
5. Seat in back seat and pull away carefully the plastic around the rear air vents.
6. Using your tools unscrew the 3 bolts that hold the arm rest on the top of the glove box. (see the pic)
7. Now unscrew the 4 bolts that hold the air tubes going to the rear air vents as you need to move them a little in order to get your hand in the tight place under the glove box. (see the pic)
8. Now with the arm rest removed you need to go to the front seat and pull the plastic cover around the center glove box on which you have also the parking brake button. So be careful not to pull like crazy and snap the cable for the P brake. Pull from the front near P brake button, as in the rear you will see that they are no clips...DO NOT pull from the back as you will brake the cover. You have to do it from the front and then remove the connection for the P brake and then carefully remove slide it from the back... Look at the back and you will see.
9. Now carefully disconnect the led light for the glove box...don't look for a bulb type, use a fine flat screw driver and remove it from the box.
10. Remove the air tube to the box
11. Get your special tool as you need to get it below the box in the center of the box. USE fine gloves to protect your hands as you might scratch them... First blood to your Stelvio can happen here and hopefully the only.
12. Undo the two "bolts" that are in the center of the bottom in the box...no the two middle ones as they hold the antenna for keyless go. (see few pics)
13. Take your time or use someone with smaller hands...it is very tight there...push down the rear air vent tubes to get more space.
14. Once you manage to remove the two screws...go have a drink and feel like a winner...you can skip that part :-)
15. Pull from the top...the box is now being hold by 4 clips...into the four corners...you will be able to see them...but careful with the plastic box.
16. Now you see the cables for the USB hub...disconnect them.
17. Change the single USB with the double one...check if it works for charging
18. Put everything back together
19. At this point you will be thinking of not putting the two screws under the box...BUT do them
20. When everything is put together you need to go to someone having the factory diagnostics called Witech. Basically you might need to go to the dealer (good to talk to them before as they might refuse to do the job for unknown reason). Hopefully soon MES or ALFAOBD will be able to active the AA/Carplay The time needed for the dealer is like 10mins.
21. So while at the dealer connect Witech go to ETM menu and in misc. tab there is a function called Android Auto/Carplay offline activation. Press it after about 10sec it will say complete.
22. Shut down the car and take away the key as the car needs to get into standby mode...the ETM needs to reboot.
23. Turn your Stelvio and connect your Android or Iphone...for Android you need to have Android Auto installed on your phone!!! Connected your phone via BT and also via GOOD USB cable. bad USB cable will prevent it from working...price of the cable has nothing to do with the quality. I bought 10 euro cable and it doesn't work... a 2 euro cable works perfectly. BEST is to use original cable.
24. You can check if Android Auto was activated without connecting it to a phone by going in the option menu in your ETM...press option and scroll down till you see Android Auto, it is the last one
25. Enjoy your Android Auto and Apple Carplay
26. Have a safe trip :-)