Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Lowering Springs now in stock! - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 09:48 PM

I have the H&R lowering springs on my Quad (I think they're roughly 1.6" drop) and I do notice the rear camber is off a bit. Not horrible. Sadly there are no adjustable rear control arms available yet for the Stelvio. I think there are for the Guilia.

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Missano Blue - Forza Exhaust Controller, H&R lowering springs, Ceramic Coated
2019 MV Agusta Dragster 800RR
2007 Benelli Tornado Naked Tre 1130
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM-QV View Post
I have the H&R lowering springs on my Quad (I think they're roughly 1.6" drop) and I do notice the rear camber is off a bit. Not horrible. Sadly there are no adjustable rear control arms available yet for the Stelvio. I think there are for the Guilia.
I had mine lowered today too and noticed the camber was off just a touch. I did the 2.5 in MADNESS set up. Think it looks so much better than stock. No longer can I stick my entire fist in the wheel gap
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190813_162351.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	311.8 KB
ID:	16091  

Proud father to one doggie and three cars
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quad - Monte Carlo Blue
MADNESS 60mm Springs
Forza Componenti exhaust controller
Carbon V & Carbon Mirror Caps
2016 BMW M4 Convertible Competition - Yas Marina Blue
RW Carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, rear lip spoiler, mirror caps, and diffuser
2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited - Magnetite Grey Metallic
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeman View Post
I had mine lowered today too and noticed the camber was off just a touch. I did the 2.5 in MADNESS set up. Think it looks so much better than stock. No longer can I stick my entire fist in the wheel gap
Nice. As I look at yours mine is about the same height. Maybe the H&R's are more like 2".

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio Missano Blue - Forza Exhaust Controller, H&R lowering springs, Ceramic Coated
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I had mine lowered today too and noticed the camber was off just a touch. I did the 2.5 in MADNESS set up. Think it looks so much better than stock. No longer can I stick my entire fist in the wheel gap [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/images/StelvioForum_toucan/smilies/tango_face_glasses.png[/IMG]
looks great man. I love mine. Def a bit rough in mid and sport settings tho. Not too thrilled w rear camber but is what it is. How is your alignment ? I’m sort of pulling to right a little. Very subtle hard to say w hands off wheel. If pavement of not but def seems to want to pull over that way. Taking back in am to shop to see what mechanic says. Figured I’d let Springs set in for a week or so but still drifting over a bit. Would be nice to hear from others with this set up too.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddominator1 View Post
looks great man. I love mine. Def a bit rough in mid and sport settings tho. Not too thrilled w rear camber but is what it is. How is your alignment ? I’m sort of pulling to right a little. Very subtle hard to say w hands off wheel. If pavement of not but def seems to want to pull over that way. Taking back in am to shop to see what mechanic says. Figured I’d let Springs set in for a week or so but still drifting over a bit. Would be nice to hear from others with this set up too.
My alignment is great, drives right down the road, straight. Mine is still settling in I am sure. I did end up removing the spacers. I think in the long run they would hurt thing with the car. The stock set up looks good, not great lowered which I can live with. Spacers just are not "needed"

Agree with the rear camber off some, but is what it is for a good look (no monster gap) I only drive in N or D now and keep the car in soft. I bought the Exhaust Controller so no need to go into RACE.

MADNESS 60mm Springs
RW Carbon fiber front lip, side skirts, rear lip spoiler, mirror caps, and diffuser
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 08:13 PM

Question: Is the lowering primarily aesthetic or functional or both?
Thanks, John

2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso - Mine
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hers
2019 Chrysler Pacifica - Ours
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaJohn View Post
Question: Is the lowering primarily aesthetic or functional or both?
Thanks, John
Both. Body roll is substantially reduced. Corners on rails.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Both. Body roll is substantially reduced. Corners on rails.

Good to know and the beauty of the look is quite spectacular as well!

2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso - Mine
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hers
2019 Chrysler Pacifica - Ours
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddominator1 View Post
My alignment is great, drives right down the road, straight. Mine is still settling in I am sure. I did end up removing the spacers. I think in the long run they would hurt thing with the car. The stock set up looks good, not great lowered which I can live with. Spacers just are not "needed"

Agree with the rear camber off some, but is what it is for a good look (no monster gap) I only drive in N or D now and keep the car in soft. I bought the Exhaust Controller so no need to go into RACE.
John can you post pics without the spacers?
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamthechan View Post
John can you post pics without the spacers?
Will do soon. My wife took the car to work today. I will do my best to get up some photos

MADNESS 60mm Springs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page