Alfa Romeo Fiat McKinney TX - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 02:35 PM

They are still accepting service appointments. They have no one to service Alfa's.
Stay away from the Dallas dealer. Same owner.

Contact Essence Alfa Romeo in Hurst instead. John, Evan and the crew are great! Just had my free first oil change their Friday. Best service experience ever!
If you did purchase your Alfa from McKinney, you may want to call Alfa customer service soon.
I found out the first free oil change was not "attached" to my purchase. They attached it. No issues. If you do not have the attachment, expect to pay close to $500 for the oil change. (Stelvio Quad)
MBW likes this.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 09:04 PM

I'm surprised Alfa Romeo Cares hasn't chimed in on this situation.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
I'm surprised Alfa Romeo Cares hasn't chimed in on this situation.
They may want to chime in soon. This ran in the news yesterday.
Car trade-in and title complaints piling up against second North Texas dealership group - Story | KDFW

Both McKinney and Dallas dealers are mentioned.
MBW likes this.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 04:28 PM

Garage
Saw the story about Alfa McKinney on the morning news again on Saturday.....Not good PR for the brand.

2018 Stelvio Quad in Trofeo White
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder (Outlaw Replica)
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:21 PM

Garage
Seeing chatter on the "McKinney Cares" Facebook Page that Alfa McKinney has closed. Anyone else hearing this?

2018 Stelvio Quad in Trofeo White
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder (Outlaw Replica)
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:23 PM

not sure you can blame AR for a dealership that are clearly crooks and have issues. And the process of revoking dealership is not easy from my understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
Saw the story about Alfa McKinney on the morning news again on Saturday.....Not good PR for the brand.

Chris

Alfa Rosso Ti Sport
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvezdah1 View Post
not sure you can blame AR for a dealership that are clearly crooks and have issues. And the process of revoking dealership is not easy from my understanding.
Definitely can't blame them. Too many others things to blame Alfa for. I would assume their Dallas location may be closed also. If that is true it will be weird to think there will only be two Alfa dealers in a metroplex of around 8,000,000. I'm sure someone will step up fairly quickly.

How hard is it to get a dealer? Not that I would have the knowledge or financial ability... But I do know people.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
Seeing chatter on the "McKinney Cares" Facebook Page that Alfa McKinney has closed. Anyone else hearing this?
News confirmed on Fox 4.
On Your Side: Fiat-Chrysler helping with complaints about North Texas dealership - Story | KDFW

Unfortunately, it will probably cost me more to get my plates now, but at least they are closed. Note that the service side was open as of Tuesday (when I visited to check on things). They claim they are a different company. I could never get out of them what company they were however.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDave View Post
News confirmed on Fox 4.
On Your Side: Fiat-Chrysler helping with complaints about North Texas dealership - Story | KDFW

Unfortunately, it will probably cost me more to get my plates now, but at least they are closed. Note that the service side was open as of Tuesday (when I visited to check on things). They claim they are a different company. I could never get out of them what company they were however.
I'm sure they are a different company, but most likely under Kamkad. I would set up every facet of my business under a different corporation, but that's the lawyer in me.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Sadly I'm sure there were some good employees there just trying to support their families. Now, much more difficult for them because of poor management and business practice.

I was able to eventually get a letter from this dealership stating they accepted responsibility for the issue and all negative marks on my credit have been removed. It was a pain in the butt!

Last edited by CJ7nvrstk; 06-21-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page