Alfa Romeo Fiat McKinney TX - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Alfa Romeo Fiat McKinney TX

Fiat of McKinney
Avoid this stealership!

FIAT & Alfa Romeo Dealer Near Allen TX | Alfa Romeo FIAT of McKinney

We got a new Alfa Romeo there at the end of July. Couldn't be happier with the car and the initial process was painless but that's where it ends. We traded in an Infiniti that we still owed on and we started getting collection calls from Infiniti finance in October! Come to find out, they never paid the car off. MANY aggravating phone calls and 2 weeks later, they finally paid the car off. Customer service and the GM were next to worthless on this. Now, I have a hit on my credit because of thier slow pay. I'm working to resolve this now but this stealership clearly knows nothing about service recovery. I wish I had looked at reviews before this process as it appears they have a habit of doing this. Thier reviews are horrible!

Avoid this dealership!
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:44 PM

you should be able to write a dispute to the credit agencies dealing with what happened and it'll probably get removed from your record. I had instance like this happen many years ago with an apt. I lived in.

I got in the habit whenever trading in a car to check to make sure it was paid off by the dealer. amazingly I've never had an issue and all the dealers paid off rapidly. For them to take that long to payoff your car is inexcusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post
Fiat of McKinney
Avoid this stealership!

FIAT & Alfa Romeo Dealer Near Allen TX | Alfa Romeo FIAT of McKinney

We got a new Alfa Romeo there at the end of July. Couldn't be happier with the car and the initial process was painless but that's where it ends. We traded in an Infiniti that we still owed on and we started getting collection calls from Infiniti finance in October! Come to find out, they never paid the car off. MANY aggravating phone calls and 2 weeks later, they finally paid the car off. Customer service and the GM were next to worthless on this. Now, I have a hit on my credit because of thier slow pay. I'm working to resolve this now but this stealership clearly knows nothing about service recovery. I wish I had looked at reviews before this process as it appears they have a habit of doing this. Thier reviews are horrible!

Avoid this dealership!

Chris

Alfa Rosso Ti Sport
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Lots of reasons why this could happen- missing or incorrect paperwork, Infiniti could have been slow to process, missed signature, incorrectly signed title, Lost title, etc. Sucks but it happens + you should be able to get it corrected. Not necessarily bad action on their end. I have seen buyers avoid corrections and fail to cooperate in an antagonistic way (not you) when something needs fixed or mistake in contract. Things happen.

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!

Last edited by Scalewoodman; 10-27-2018 at 09:03 PM.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-30-2018, 05:09 PM

Garage
These guys do seem a bit shady. I put a $1000 deposit down for them to do a dealer trade for a car they did not have on their lot. Gave me the run around for a week to get my $1000 back. Not a big deal that they could not get the other dealer to trade with them, the issue is I had to ask for my money 5 times and eventually drive to the dealer to make them show me the issued the refund. It put such a bad taste in my mouth I ended up buying from a dealer an hour away when these guys are 10 minutes from me.

2018 Stelvio Quad in Trofeo White
1955 Porsche 550 Spyder (Outlaw Replica)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 12:20 PM

crap. I've been considering their Dallas proper/sister location and I'm disappointed to hear this news.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 07:07 PM

Their service department is great but their admin/finance department is HORRIBLE. I didn't buy my car there, but was offered a windshield warranty when I took my car in for a recall. They said it covered replacement when in fact it did not.

It took me 2 months to get a refund from them, after more than a dozen calls. I finally was given the email address of their corporate group and it was handled quickly. The local manager and finance guy are awful.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 04:36 PM

The DMV is in the process of revoking their license.
MBW likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 10:22 PM

This is not the only thread on McKinney. Buyer beware.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtexas View Post
The DMV is in the process of revoking their license.

Source?
MBW likes this.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:03 PM

Garage
I had a very similar experience. Took two months for them to pay off my trade. Four months to process my tag and title paperwork and they only did that after I had my attorney send them a demand letter. I have an open case with the Texas DMV and the investigator has repeatedly told me that his main goal is to revoke their license and put them out of business. He told me he had over 20 open cases on them. I was also contacted by a news station who wanted to do a story but last minute backed out.

The dealership is owned by KamKad Automotive Holdings Group. In the midst of running the Alfa dealership into the ground, they are actively acquiring other dealerships. Looks to me like they are using the money from peoples trades to float those purchases but who knows.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page