Consumer Reports calls the Stelvio annoying - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Consumer Reports calls the Stelvio annoying

That's a different descriptor that I haven't seen before and it doesn't really have to do with how the Stelvio performs. The guys at Consumer Reports just aren't a fan of the interior layout and they weren't a fan of the Giulia's cabin either. Other than that, the test driver seems to enjoy the Stelvio's ride comfort; "The Stevios ride has a firm edge to it but still absorbs bumps fairly well. By comparison, the F-Pace and Macan are stiffer. "

https://www.consumerreports.org/luxu...-drive-review/
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:37 AM

their one gripe with the Stelvio is just because the center console layout is not what they're used to or what they prefer. That's really down to personal opinion and something you can become accustomed to. So overall it's a shinning review to me.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 PM

Starting to sound like its just a Giulia that rides higher up, which if true with experience that real owners will have then that will put a lot of confidence in the Stelvio for me. Although i'm on this forum a lot, sitting on the sidelines has always been in my plan till enough information comes out.
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-05-2017, 09:52 AM

Typical CR, How the **** is it Quircky because the start button is on the wheel? I think maybe the rest of the industry has it wrong, but CR would never admit to that.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Perhaps that's just their writing style, but yea it's not really a quirk, just something different and maybe even more efficient. Though it does make starting the car simpler instead of reaching to the dash for the start button.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-08-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags747 View Post
Typical CR, How the **** is it Quircky because the start button is on the wheel? I think maybe the rest of the industry has it wrong, but CR would never admit to that.
Sometimes these publications just put in points for the sake of completing an article or at least that's what I like to think about questionable points they bring up. Hence why I just look at what every publication says and not just one, CR has gone downhill over the years.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

I just take most publications with a grain of salt and prefer to sit and test drive one instead. The Stelvio's interior layout is ergonomically sound IMO, with everything very well laid out and clear on the steering wheel. Maybe the start button would look better in black, but other than that it's not a problem.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 03:26 AM

i guess that being part of FCA with the help of some ferrari DNA they had an easy time getting it right here along with the fact most of the industry copies each other but slightly changes things, adding their own unique touch, can't blame them.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:07 PM

The last car I owned that got "dinged" for being quirky was one of my all time favorites. My 1994 VW Passat had so much soul, uniqueness and driving pleasure that it could not be mistaken for the Camry/Lexus/Honda blandness that is so common in just about every vehicle on the road.

Consumer Reports also knocked my 2001 BMW X5 (with 5 speed manual) for "poor" reliability, which I drove with delight for 14 years.

You want an appliance for a car, then buy a super-reliable boring car. I'll take the Stelvio.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormansferrari View Post
Starting to sound like its just a Giulia that rides higher up, which if true with experience that real owners will have then that will put a lot of confidence in the Stelvio for me. Although i'm on this forum a lot, sitting on the sidelines has always been in my plan till enough information comes out.
Its correct. The Stelvio is not an SUV, its a tall hatchbatch.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page