Just purchased new 2019 stelvio q4 but.... - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 1Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Just purchased new 2019 stelvio q4 but....

Hey guys just got my new Tri coat trofeo stelvio ! Had to sooth my soul after Selling my 17 dodge viper acr( Barrett Jackson) bit of a change for me but absolutelyLove this car but... at 200 miles thew a TAC code ..(in sport mode .. paddle shifting in 3rd gear 5000rpm.. then poof... drivable but lost all Modes.. please tell me this Isn’t a chronic reliability problem with this gorgeous vehicle. Gonna dealer it in am. Had this one delivered from dealership new in Illinois but luckily have one local. Gotta love electronics ... help anyone ?
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddominator1 View Post
Hey guys just got my new Tri coat trofeo stelvio ! Had to sooth my soul after Selling my 17 dodge viper acr( Barrett Jackson) bit of a change for me but absolutelyLove this car but... at 200 miles thew a TAC code ..(in sport mode .. paddle shifting in 3rd gear 5000rpm.. then poof... drivable but lost all Modes.. please tell me this Isn’t a chronic reliability problem with this gorgeous vehicle. Gonna dealer it in am. Had this one delivered from dealership new in Illinois but luckily have one local. Gotta love electronics ... help anyone ?
Sorry to hear that..Only one way to tell is to scan the OBD system to see what codes come up.

2018 Stelvio Sport AWD
Vesuvio/Red
EuroCompulsion V2 Intake,Red Start/Stop Button, Gunmetal Powedercoated Wheels, 20% tints all around, Debadged, Carbon Interior Bits, Stelvio Quadrofoglio Fender Flares, Farad Slim Door visors, Carbon front V grill, Center Muffler Resonator delete, EMC Pro Piggyback
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 09:41 PM

it isn't a chronic reliability problem - but some new vehicles sometimes have a pita thing appear.

"Gotta love electronics'- yup
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Sorry. .. meant ETC. electronic throttle control guys.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 10:57 PM

Same thing happened to me five hours after delivery, then two weeks later. First suspected to be bad battery, second faulty wastegate actuator. I’m having hope that it’s just gremlins that have to be discovered. If it didn’t drive so doggone good I’d lose patience.

18 AR Stelvio Quad, Vesuvio Grey
19 BMW X5
16 BMW M2

Last edited by Kctime; 05-07-2019 at 11:01 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-08-2019, 09:21 AM

I had something similar when I was, ah, testing the handling in the snow, for science. Limped home, shut it down for an hour and on "reboot" all was normal. Hasn't happened since and I may have done some additional handling science since with no issues.
lost1750GTV likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-08-2019, 10:50 AM

I had that happen a couple weeks ago. The dealer said the controller was faulty and replaced it. It was about a 2 day turn around and so far I haven't had any issues, but others have had their error traced down to a bad battery.

If you search the forum you'll see a couple other threads about it.

Welcome and congrads on the purchase!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-08-2019, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoManiaX View Post
I had that happen a couple weeks ago. The dealer said the controller was faulty and replaced it. It was about a 2 day turn around and so far I haven't had any issues, but others have had their error traced down to a bad battery.

If you search the forum you'll see a couple other threads about it.

Welcome and congrads on the purchase!
Thanks man... love the car. 1st alpha ever. Bummed about this Throttle thing tho. Still doing upon restarting this am. Getting into dealer this Friday. Still can drive as light is solid , not flashing but all modes are disabled so o guess I’m driving in some sort told hibernation mode lol. Maybe same issue ?? I wonder if this is a recall in the future as seen a few w similar probs.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-08-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kctime View Post
Same thing happened to me five hours after delivery, then two weeks later. First suspected to be bad battery, second faulty wastegate actuator. I’m having hope that it’s just gremlins that have to be discovered. If it didn’t drive so doggone good I’d lose patience.
Are you still having probs with it. Restarted this am. And Warning still solid .. at least not flashing. Car is drivable but in back up mode. Dealer scheduled this Friday. Ughhh
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Unread 05-08-2019, 09:40 PM

Remove terminal from battery for 15-20min and then reconnect. That will get you a nice hard reboot before dealing with the dealer. Depending on how long your car was sitting, it may need a battery replacement. There was an issue with the original batteries and different ones are being installed now to remediate the issue. Some people never had the issue with the originals.