2019 Stelvio Ti Sport AWD picked up 7/8/19 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:31 AM Thread Starter

2019 Stelvio Ti Sport AWD picked up 7/8/19

Hi All,

I have been reading the forums for about a month, but figured I would wait until I got my Stelvio before I registered, etc.
Picked it up yesterday afternoon, and decided to take the back roads home through the mountains to avoid the highway rush hour traffic and to adhere to the engine break-in. That ended up being about a 100 mile trip through many twisties and several of those miles on recently graded dirt road, so it's already in need of a bit of a wash. I must say that the handling through the twisties was flawless, just point her where you want to go and she stuck to the road with minimal need for braking.

Since I have seen folks ask, the options on it are the Ti sport performance package (adaptive suspension and LSD), drive assist dynamic plus, Nero package, blind spot/cross-path detection, dual pane sunroof, leather dash/upper doors, 8.8" Nav + HK, yellow calipers and compact spare tire.
Future plans are the Supersprint resonated front pipe with race rear exhaust, and EC Phase 2.

The only "issue" I have had through this whole process, was that it was located at the Rhode Island port and apparently they don't deliver to my part of the country, so they sat on it for a couple weeks while they figured out how to get it here, so the lack of updates out of them was painful.
I had called AR and they were next to useless in finding out what the status was and claimed they had no way of contacting the port to find out. I guess we do not have telephones in this day age...and computers apparently do not show any useful information.
I finally called my dealership again, and their AR rep was in his office, so he put me on speaker phone so she could hear what I had to say. In 30 minutes I had a call back from the dealership and AR rep to let me know about the people at the port trying to figure out how to get it here and they promised it would be here this week. Received another call on Wednesday afternoon last week to say it had left the port, and it ended up arriving at the dealer on Sat afternoon on a carrier with a couple of Quads destined for somewhere further across country.

Here's a couple pics (the coolant stain on the driveway is from my older Jeep, in case anyone is wondering )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stelvio Ti Sport.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	15693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stelvio_rear.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	871.5 KB
ID:	15695  
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 05:46 AM

Beautiful ride!!!!

A trick I did to my wheels was ceramic coat them and the dirt washes off the inner wheel barrels easier and cleans up faster. The rims look nice when there is no dirt on the inner barrels

You will love it !!!

Color combo with the Nero is perfect!!

Congrats
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:42 AM

Gorgeous color combo!

Sounds like you're already enjoying it right!

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 11:48 AM

What color is the interior ?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all. @Banffstelvio - I called a local company that does the specific Ceramic Pro wheel coating...they want $600 to do the wheel faces/barrels and calipers. Seems expensive, but I will look around a bit more.

@ALFAOFFROAD - Absolutely, it is a joy to drive, even though I have only put on a little over 100 miles so far.

@PashaAlfa - I have the black interior. Since I did not do a build from factory.

Last edited by Rhavin; 07-09-2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: A typo
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 02:17 PM

I did the Ceramic coating on the wheels and Calipers myself.

It is the rims, not body paint so it was easy enough to test it out. I use the products from Adams Polish, I find them real amazing to deal with and products work great.

You have to take each wheel off and not be in a too dusty area.

Wash the wheel, spray on the coating prep to clean the surface and then apply the ceramic coating and let it dry a full day.

Took a couple hours and maybe $100 of product and the product will do about 4-5 sets so I did both the summer and winter wheels and still have enough to re coat it for next season.

It did make wheel clean up alot easier as spraying them off at the coin wash even did take most of the dirt off real easy.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Interesting, thanks. I will check that product out, and certainly a lot less $$$.
Banffstelvio likes this.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 09:51 AM

Wow that one basically has all the option boxes checked!

Love it looks fantastic. I'm sure the 100 mile backroad drive at least dulled some of the pain of the waiting game for AR to figure their stuff out.

2019 Stelvio Ti Sport AWD - Vulcano Black / Chocolate
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:23 AM

Did you just happen to find one at a dealer with everything you wanted? I am still searching and am getting discouraged. But I'm looking for a 2018 so maybe harder.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 04:02 PM

That blue is just fantastic! I hope to get that on my next one!
Congrats!
John

2019 Stelvio Ti Lusso - Mine
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Hers
2019 Chrysler Pacifica - Ours

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page