New Stelvio Owner here, 2018 Base model. Built in Sept 2017 I assume.
I have around 200 miles on the car and the car has thrown all kinds of issues in the past 4 days:
- Day1: we drove the car (started all well, no issues) for around 10 miles parked the car in a lot. Came back say 30 mins later - left turn signal failure, brake light failure. Hopped out, everything is fine dash signal indicator going fast. Resolved next day on its own
- Day3 - Started the car, service engine light/message came on disabling Auto Start / Stop
- Day3 - tried restarting multiple time, relocking the hood. No use
- Day4 - The issue is still there. Start the car to idle for around 30 - 40 mins. No improvement turned it off
- Day4 - Scheduled apt with Service. Turned it on to start my drive to the dealership. All is well. I still head to them to check. Just after start the tailgate didnt close auto so I had to manually push it and the power windows acted funny to be operated from the driver door console
Major issue which came up while driving - Climate Control failed. The dash displayed 20 F when it was 70 outside. Crazy ride.
The issue remained (thank god) when I reached the dealership. They are fixing the temp sensors.
I read the forum thoroughly in these five days especially the last few days to know all the errors which flash of no good reason are because of the battery but I don’t know about the climate control.
The dealership while taking in the car updated me that the battery is good.
So I got some questions here:
- how do I know if the battery is faulty?
- have owned multiple cars but never has a car battery died with my usage. I would either drive for hours a day or the car may sit (I do start the car everyday) for 2 - 3 days. What does it want?
- can a faulty climate control sensor drain the battery?
Thanks a lot. Good forum here lot of knowledge sharing.