Resale value... - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
edf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vegas
Posts: 117
Resale value...

Been noticing a very fast drop in resale values according to Edmunds and KBB,especially in the last few months..There is a huge glut of all used vehicles,and new car sales have been pretty bad since the fall, so it could be everything not just the Stelvio.

My TI sport stickered for $52,240 and it looks like it's worth about $32K (range seems to be 30.5K to 34K) on a trade in with only 7K miles.Pretty lame,but not unexpected really.Even with the huge (HUGE) discount I got buying this I am still underwater.

It seems my Audi's dropped just as fast so maybe i should not be surprised.
Alfaholico, Flunx and FOURCED like this.
edf is offline  
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:19 PM
Member
 
Jerry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: King of Prussia, Pa & Kips Bay, NYC
Posts: 75
Cars are not a good investment. Cars 101
Jerry is online now  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: MAgical
Posts: 1,703
Sticker is immaterial , what counts is what you paid, and what someone else will pay for a used whatever later.
And if you are comparing your retail purchase price with a wholesale selling price ....
People who are concerned about depreciation should never buy new cars. Pretty simple.
Buy used, let someone else take the hit.
Plenty of people do short term leases, accepting and ok with the cost of always having something new.
mc3456, jm2, Alfaholico and 1 others like this.
lost1750GTV is online now  
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
tom1356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: NH USA
Posts: 147
Garage
Makes me want to buy another one.
jm2 and Alfaholico like this.

Alfa Romeo is Latin for "Yes I will, because of your special car."
tom1356 is online now  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:16 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 8
$14k of $54K Alfa Stelvio

I leased my Stelvio TI last week and couldnít believe the deal. $14k off mrsp. From $54k to capital cost of $40k. Payments only $475 no money down and taxes in payment
Emanuele Favuzza is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
edf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Vegas
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuele Favuzza View Post
I leased my Stelvio TI last week and couldnít believe the deal. $14k off mrsp. From $54k to capital cost of $40k. Payments only $475 no money down and taxes in payment
About the same deal i got on a purchase.Was going to buy used but it made sense with that kind of discount.
edf is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Flunx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Estoril - Portugal
Posts: 447
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
Sticker is immaterial , what counts is what you paid, and what someone else will pay for a used whatever later.
And if you are comparing your retail purchase price with a wholesale selling price ....
People who are concerned about depreciation should never buy new cars. Pretty simple.
Buy used, let someone else take the hit.
Plenty of people do short term leases, accepting and ok with the cost of always having something new.
I waiting for Lost get bored with his Quad.. for me to buy it....
Alfaholico likes this.
Flunx is online now  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
TiSport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 320
Garage
I'm thinking for the thrifty, there will be a number of good deals on slightly used ALFA's coming around in about two years, or less; not that there aren't a bunch of good deals out there already if you like new.

There are parts that wear, but other than those, my 3 prior used ALFA's drove and ran like they wanted to be at the track, and I expect the new ALFA's coming to the USA will be around one way or another for a long time!



Freaking A.


Donít Panic! The truth is out there.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
2004 Saab 9.3 T Convertible
2001 Moto Guzzi California Special
2005 Bajaj Chetak
19xx Vespa
TiSport is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 28
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf View Post
Been noticing a very fast drop in resale values according to Edmunds and KBB,especially in the last few months..There is a huge glut of all used vehicles,and new car sales have been pretty bad since the fall, so it could be everything not just the Stelvio.

My TI sport stickered for $52,240 and it looks like it's worth about $32K (range seems to be 30.5K to 34K) on a trade in with only 7K miles.Pretty lame,but not unexpected really.Even with the huge (HUGE) discount I got buying this I am still underwater.

It seems my Audi's dropped just as fast so maybe i should not be surprised.
Identical scenario for, to the dollar. But traded in for new QV msrp 87000 for 65500 so the pain was minimal!
mc3456 likes this.
mbo222 is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: MAgical
Posts: 1,703
You might wait a long time, flunx.
My last alfa I kept over 25 years ...
I've still got cars/bikes I got in 1970, 1980 etc
Alfaholico and Flunx like this.
lost1750GTV is online now  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome