Alfa Romeo Stelvio Fleet Spied With Strange Camo, Interior Update - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Fleet Spied With Strange Camo, Interior Update

Saw this article and I thought I would share it. Does not look like much of a change inside or out.

https://www.motor1.com/news/314527/a...o-fleet-spied/
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 11:00 PM

As far as the exterior paint is concerned.... Holy YUCK!!!!

2019 Stelvio QV
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:32 AM

I doubt that AR is really leaving carbon fiber on the QV dashboard and substituting aluminum on the console.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:39 AM

what are the two cutouts on either side of the gear shifter on center console? coin storage or something? i cant make out if its reserved for something or its some small storage.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Great share- this is why we keep coming back to the forum. Thanks! Guess: mode selectors for hybrid feature rumored to be coming in the console? Added fog lights or running lights in front fascia?
claffeeba likes this.

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco View Post
what are the two cutouts on either side of the gear shifter on center console? coin storage or something? i cant make out if its reserved for something or its some small storage.

To me it looks like that’s where they are moving the electronic parking brake. You can see it on the left side. I think the hole on the right side is just for right hand drive models since they switch the location of the volume knob and dna selector on rhd models, it makes sense that they would also switch the side of the parking brake as well. Will probably not just be hole once it moves to production.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 02:35 PM

Yeah, the parking brake is moved up to the shifter and is on the driver's side (opposite the hole) however, that hole also looks to have some type of detailing inside it too...maybe to hold credit cards/parking tickets/receipts? Volvo gets ALOT of positive press for the type of stuff. The DNA knob is thicker too, or mounted lower (closer to the console).

It also looks like the dash and upper door panels are not covered in leather, and those seats don't look like any Quad seat I have seen, the side bolstering is wring and so is the stitching, not to mention no Alcantra. The center insert of the seat almost looks like fabric?? Then there is the center console, door and dash inserts that all look to be maybe aluminum or smooth plastic (definitely NOT carbon fiber) and it appears like the door and dash inserts are lighter than the center console.

Could be they are early mules predicting changes to the Stelvio...IMO they are testing of some of the Tonale's parts. Those seats in particular are definitely not Quad seats and look to be down-market even from the base Stelvio seats....seriously, does the center insert not look like cloth to anyone else?

What has me most interested is the red button on the end of a wire that is sitting on the passenger seat in the first interior photo. What is that attached to?

It looks like an "OH ****!!!" button of some sort, like it would fire an ejector seat. I am guessing the REAL story is the power train (which we can't see) and that button is attached to some sort of emergency cooling system so if the new hardware starts to overheat they can cool it down or something similar. Could be testing hotter turbos on the V6, could be hybridization....(going to guess hybridization, and that button is to release fire suppressant for the battery pack/electric motors). It is a stretch...

...but it could be they are using that vehicle to do early testing on the drivetrain/interior components for the Tonale, which we already know will be a hybrid....and the strange camo covering on the exterior is there to hide extra cooling ducts or something that would give the different powertrain away.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAOFFROAD View Post
those seats don't look like any Quad seat I have seen, the side bolstering is wring and so is the stitching, not to mention no Alcantra. The center insert of the seat almost looks like fabric?? Those seats in particular are definitely not Quad seats and look to be down-market even from the base Stelvio seats....seriously, does the center insert not look like cloth to anyone else?

Those seats appear to be the optional Carbon fiber Sparco Racing seats..

Definitely not down-market by any stretch of the imagination!

2018 Stelvio Sport AWD
Vesuvio/Red
EuroCompulsion V2 Intake,Red Start/Stop Button, Gunmetal Powedercoated Wheels, 20% tints all around, Debadged, Carbon Interior Bits, Stelvio Quadrofoglio Fender Flares, Farad Slim Door visors, Carbon front V grill, Center Muffler Resonator delete, EMC Pro Piggyback
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCSTELVIO View Post
Those seats appear to be the optional Carbon fiber Sparco Racing seats..

Definitely not down-market by any stretch of the imagination!

Nope, look at the pics. 1st is the carbon seats, 2nd the spy photo, 3rd my interior.

Stitching is wrong, bolstering is wrong, center padding wrong for any of the current seats. Look at the lead edge stitch on the bottom cushion, the cross stitch on the seat back side bolster where it meets the shoulder as well as the general shaping of the bolsters, those all match the base seats. The stitching/padding in the center doesn't match, but it does look similar to the center padding on the sport seats.

Those particular seats look like a combination of the center padding on the sport seats, combined with the bolstering and knee cushioning of the base seats...possibly with a "sport cloth" center section.

Plus...no leather dash, no leather door panel uppers...look at the pics, the stitching is missing from the dash in the spy photos, and the upper door portion exactly matches the shaping of my panels (they are not leather)...that car is a Frankenstein test mule. Not a quad interior unless they are making it down-market for the refresh, who knows what is under the hood...pretty cool.

I really want to know what the button laying on the passenger seat in the spy photo is for.....

Ya know, just noticed looking at the pictures side by side, I think the infotainment controller is a bit smaller, and the shifter is stubbier with a shorter center armrest too...significantly shorter, don't know if I like that. look, in the current interior (on the passenger side) the armrest extends just past the seat belt buckle, in the spy photo is stops well before the buckle. If that is one of the changes they are making to the Stelvio, I am glad I have the first gen.... To me it makes more sense if that particular arm rest is actually destined to be in a slightly smaller vehicle...like the Tonale. Why would Alfa make the armrest smaller? The more I look at it and try to draw lines to give me a perspective, I *think* the entire center console is a bit shorter...the shifter looks closer to the cup holder opening, the rotary controllers are definitely closer to the shifter and maybe to each other - that infotainment controller looks smaller in diameter with smaller buttons on the side and seems closer to the other two controllers. Assuming the cutout in front of the center armrest is about the same length as the original passenger side length of the current armrest, that also looks to be a bit closer to the controls than it I s currently. It is almost possible to tell though given the different angles the pictures were taken at, the different seat placement and other variables between the photos.

...I gotta stop looking at the pictures...if you draw a line from the edge of the radio knob to the edge of the console...I swear the console in the spy photo is also not quite as wide as the current console...could be an illusion caused by the different trim on the console and the differences in the camera angles, but in the spy photo the radio knob look like it is a few millimeters from the side of the console, in my interior there in at least an inch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	user1_pic690_1464627860.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	350.4 KB
ID:	14211   Click image for larger version

Name:	alfa-romeo-stelvio-spy-photo.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	14213   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040834.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	532.6 KB
ID:	14215  

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ

Last edited by ALFAOFFROAD; 03-21-2019 at 05:01 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAOFFROAD View Post
Nope, look at the pics. 1st is the carbon seats, 2nd the spy photo, 3rd my interior.

Stitching is wrong, bolstering is wrong, center padding wrong for any of the current seats. Look at the lead edge stitch on the bottom cushion, the cross stitch on the seat back side bolster where it meets the shoulder as well as the general shaping of the bolsters, those all match the base seats. The stitching/padding in the center doesn't match, but it does look similar to the center padding on the sport seats.

Those particular seats look like a combination of the center padding on the sport seats, combined with the bolstering and knee cushioning of the base seats...possibly with a "sport cloth" center section.

Looking at the pictures side by side, I think the infotainment controller is a bit smaller, and the shifter is stubbier with a shorter center armrest...significantly shorter, don't know if I like that.
I was referring to this pic...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spy cf seats.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	14217  

2018 Stelvio Sport AWD
Vesuvio/Red
EuroCompulsion V2 Intake,Red Start/Stop Button, Gunmetal Powedercoated Wheels, 20% tints all around, Debadged, Carbon Interior Bits, Stelvio Quadrofoglio Fender Flares, Farad Slim Door visors, Carbon front V grill, Center Muffler Resonator delete, EMC Pro Piggyback

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page