Is it normal to hate your car after 24 hours? - Page 9 - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 154Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:25 AM

@jwq2 THANK YOU for providing that link for the update (and the information on how to do it as well). Everything went exactly as you described, and not only is the popping in that speaker gone, all of the music sounds SO much better in general; so clear, I can hear background instruments and cymbal hits that I couldn't hear before, and the stereo effect is much more noticeable now than it ever was. It actually sounds more like a "surround" system than the highly-acclaimed ELS system did in my last car (Acura). Amazing!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now there's literally nothing I don't like about my Stelvio!
Scalewoodman likes this.
post #82 of 93 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partsguy20 View Post
@jwq2 THANK YOU for providing that link for the update..... Now there's literally nothing I don't like about my Stelvio!
Great that all went well for you
Enjoy the car and the music
Partsguy20 likes this.

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:05 PM

I just leased a 2019 Stelvio. Returned my end of lease Giulia. The Stelvio was sold with 1 year subscription to Sirius Radio. I set up the Sirius subscription but the info screen showed no satellite icon so I called the dealer. Service told me that the Sirius connection was currently a software problem for Alfa and that I should check back in a few weeks to see if there's a fix.
post #84 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdon View Post
I just leased a 2019 Stelvio. Returned my end of lease Giulia. The Stelvio was sold with 1 year subscription to Sirius Radio. I set up the Sirius subscription but the info screen showed no satellite icon so I called the dealer. Service told me that the Sirius connection was currently a software problem for Alfa and that I should check back in a few weeks to see if there's a fix.

Must be related to specific VIN #'s maybe?? Our '19 was delivered to the dealer on March 15 and we picked it up and first thing I did was set up the Sirius subscription and has worked fine from day 1. You know this already but you have to set up online and then call Sirius while you are inside the car to complete the process.
kona2000 likes this.

Wife's Car -- '19 TI Lusso, Stromboli Gray, Red/Black/5 Hole Wheels, Compact Spare Tire, Most all Bells and Whistles
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:40 PM

Garage
You are 100% correct the technology is like 4 years behind every other manufacturer, I accept it and simply try to enjoy the Stelvio. I would never buy a vehicle like this because we do not know the long term reliability, i did 24 month lease so at least I am covered under warranty for mechanical problems if they arise. If you buy it and its not reliable you will be stuck because resale values will plummet.

Paul G Long island
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:32 PM

Behind? I read this weekend that Toyota is now going to offer CarPlay in Prius- assuming that is what you refer to as tech.
Personally I think the brakes, power distribution etc are tech, and no one is close.
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
Behind? I read this weekend that Toyota is now going to offer CarPlay in Prius- assuming that is what you refer to as tech.
Personally I think the brakes, power distribution etc are tech, and no one is close.
My Stelvio without CarPlay is in the shop and I have a Giulia loaner with CarPlay, the Giulia is great; CarPlay is just fine. I've been using CarPlay for over a week now and my feeling is it's ok, it's nice to plug in any phone and it just works, it is also nice to see Waze on the car's screen, but for me that's about it. I can't say I love it. Now that I know how CarPlay works, not having it in my Stelvio is not a big loss, in fact it's quite ok...
jm2, ALFAOFFROAD and kona2000 like this.

Last edited by AlfaDream; 05-06-2019 at 05:02 PM.
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 05:59 PM

Haha, yeah i ordered mine with CarPlay, 9 months and I havent tried it.
I expect the only time it will be useful is IF I ever sell it.
kona2000 likes this.
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfaDream View Post
My Stelvio without CarPlay is in the shop and I have a Giulia loaner with CarPlay, the Giulia is great; CarPlay is just fine. I've been using CarPlay for over a week now and my feeling is it's ok, it's nice to plug in any phone and it just works, it is also nice to see Waze on the car's screen, but for me that's about it. I can't say I love it. Now that I know how CarPlay works, not having it in my Stelvio is not a big loss, in fact it's quite ok...
While i agree its really not a deal breaker i will say that google maps will always be ahead of any car navi
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 06:40 PM

Google has finally admitted the way Android auto and Apple carplay are implemented in not really workable. The additional layers of coding and limited app functionality is too hard to overcome.

They just announced a full Android operating system specifically designed for cars that will run on the vehicle's infotainment system and interface with your phone allowing for full use of all functions in all apps on your phone along with far faster processing times than the current system which runs entirely on the phone.

FCA is one of the first manufacturers to sign on to the new system. Doesn't help anyone right now, but nice to know things might be getting better on the mobile office front.

...now is the question of do you REALLY want your car downloading and saving ALL the information on your phone? Possibly sending that information not just to Google, but to FCA, Toyota, VAG, etc..? Your car's movements - AND SPEEDS - being wirelessly transmitted to anyone with a receiver - read the police? You guys do realize Law Enforcement Organizations have been working with car manufacturers for years to develop a system where any violations can be digitally monitored with tickets being sent out in the mail when a computer is alerted to illegal maneuvers? (I read an article in Popular Mechanics back in the 90's about it, didn't believe it, yet here we are with most of those technologies that were on the drawing board then fully developed now, with many of them already installed in cars...ie: tracking devices and wireless communication systems)

Google some of the articles about how people are buying second hand Teslas and getting access to all the previous owners personal information, like addresses, workplace, where their kids go to school, how fast they drove on the freeway, which bank they go to the most, etc... Most people don't know how to clear out their old phone before getting a new one. Making getting a new phone a stressful event for many people. Buying a new car is already stressful, do you REALLY want to drive off the lot depending on the dealer to clear out all your old information? Do you think you are going to sleep well after that? Really?

Personally I am in no rush, and would prefer to go back to the days of the stereo delete option, with a display stand in the dealership showroom with all the audio options for you to check out, and if you wanted one the dealership could probably install it while you waited...

with all that said, Google maps does rock. Just don't want all the other privacy issue stuff that comes along with it. Yes, I already have to deal with it because of my phone, but that is the point. I already worry about it, don't want to worry about it twice....especially since as bad as phone companies are....car companies might be worse...
Shemp likes this.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ

Last edited by ALFAOFFROAD; 05-06-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page