10 month review - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

10 month review

Hi everyone,
I bought my Stelvio July 25, 2018 and thought I would post a mini review of how it's been for me. When I was thinking of buying this car I know reading other peoples experiences were helpful for me so I wanted to give an update since I feel I've put on a lot of miles and time to be able to share what has been good and not so good. I previously was driving a 2013 Ford Escape so this was a nice upgrade from that vehicle. I put on a lot of miles on my cars so finding a reliable car was important to me as the Escape was plagued with overheating issues and various other problems.
I know very little about cars, specs, etc., I am probably your average girl car buyer

Currently I have just under 28,000 miles. I was able to experience winter here in Michigan which was not excessive with snow but I got a chance to drive on some heavy snow days as well.
Overall my experience has been positive and I really enjoy driving this car. It is comfortable, fun and I love how responsive it is.
Ride quality/suspension is great especially with Michigan potholes.
I love the looks of this car - it's gorgeous inside and out.
Never thought I wanted nor needed automatic rain sensing windshield wipers but they have become a favorite thing for me. I don't know how I lived without them all these years
Same for the adaptable cruise control. I don't use it all the time, but I have come to like it.
Love the sunroof!
I will admit I love being able to beat other cars when needed
I have come to really like the controls for the entertainment center. I previously had touch screen and was not sure about the dial control and lack of touch screen but I don't miss it at all anymore and actually prefer the dial for most operations.
Service at my dealership for the 2 recalls and 3 oil changes has been wonderful. My dealership is quick, friendly and they have lowered the costs of an oil change which was needed IMO.
Fun, fun, fun to drive!!
Excellent nighttime lighting/visibility
Cargo area perfect size
No speeding tickets so far - lol

The most annoying squealing break sound! But good news is, it's spring now so it has stopped!!
Sound system is not that great. I expected more. I have the Harman Kardon speakers. I like my music loud and even with the interior being pretty quiet, I feel it's just mediocre at best.
I have heard the back seat is not that comfortable and the legroom is tight. My family is all over 6 ft tall. I have not rode in the back yet. Hubby rides in passenger seat fine at 6'4"
Seat belt alarms! Oh my! Annoying! Not a deal breaker by any means but wow some days the annoyance factor is HIGH depending on my mood lol.
Sensors, parking, collision warning etc., a little on the sensitive side and at times randomly going off at red lights, parking garages, etc., but tolerable.
During winter, ice, snow conditions often times strange warnings, whistles bells, etc go off and the front collision warning will shut off and I've had all sort of strange messages appear but it corrects itself when it melts or weather improves.
I finally figured out the issue of the windows fogging but that was a slow learning curve for me lol. Glad that issue is solved.
Auto front collision/brake warning is a bit excessive even on the lower setting but I will admit it has saved me here and there when I haven't been paying great attention.
Remote start and lock and unlock range are short.
Not sure if this happens to others - but I hate how the cupholders heat up when the heat has been on awhile. Actually the entire middle console gets pretty warm.

Way more positives than negatives and I have no regrets in purchasing this car!
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 12:48 PM

Excellent observations, Thanks for sharing.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post
I finally figured out the issue of the windows fogging but that was a slow learning curve for me lol. Glad that issue is solved.
Would you be kind to elaborate more on what was the issue and fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust View Post

Not sure if this happens to others - but I hate how the cupholders heat up when the heat has been on awhile. Actually the entire middle console gets pretty warm.
I have not noticed that, but if anything in cold weather it will keep my drinks warm.
claffeeba and kona2000 like this.

2019 Ti Sport white / red

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page