fraudulent TEXAS Alfa dealer? - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Garage
fraudulent TEXAS Alfa dealer?

Has any of our Texas Alfa forum members been affected?

State urges consumers to file official complaints against auto dealer - Story | KDFW

2018 Stelvio TI Sport AWD Package 22S,, Driver Assistance Package, Dynamic Plus Package, HK Premium radio, 8.8" Bluetooth 3D Nav., Convenience Package, 19" dark hole aluminum wheels, - Vulcano Black Metallic/Red Interior -MFR Date: 6/2017.
post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:44 AM

Ouch.

Seems like there is a thread about them somewhere though.

Sounds like someone was stealing money from the dealership, like a finance guy maybe. Could be the dealer but that would be a stupid business decision...no way you won't get caught not paying off trades. No way.

Not saying the dealer is good. If it was theft they hired the guy..my experience people hire people like themselves in one way or another.... crooks hire crooks.

Still doubt the GM or owner decided to not pay-off trades..unless they are the ones stealing, could be....

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:12 AM

Luckily I am using dealers on the West Fork of the trinity river (Fort Worth side of DFW lovely 8 million people). The latest rumblings are that this guy who owns these dealers is either really stupid about the industry or he's a cheat. The problems exist across all of the owners dealerships: https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Fo...510688771.html
post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:04 AM

Wow.

That would be a cheat AND stupid. I thought one dealer.... Wonder if his money was inherited?

Hard to believe anyone that stupid able to earn it themselves....

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles

Last edited by ALFAOFFROAD; 06-05-2019 at 03:06 AM.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:40 AM

News of this has been floating around circles here in Dallas for a bit and now the local news has picked up on it.

KamKad - who owns these dealerships, to me, has always possessed this 'red flag' quality to it. The Dallas location is (was?) a temporary building by Love Field and when it opened customers were told a permanent building would "start building in the next few months". Nope. The service center was off site and they wouldn't tell you where it was, exactly ("just bring your car here, and we'll take it over for you"). I'd been to the dealership several times, each, the sales staff was different and never did I meet someone who had even close to a satisfactory level of knowledge about the brand or model.

They also were promoting this insane warranty package that seemed too good to be true, and I'm sure it was.

Word in town is they've also notified customers they've stopped providing loaners for service calls. A luxury brand not providing loaners. smh.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 11:14 AM

I kept thinking that this is sounding like another Reagor-Dykes situation (defunct shady car dealer in West Texas). Turns out KamKad made a bid to buy up the Reagor-Dykes dealerships. Kamkad's website has also gone black for now.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:14 PM

That is crazy. Sounds like this guy is a serious con artist.

Might be wrong but sure does seem like large scale con artists are having a field day currently...just saw a freelance job posting to "create customer testimonials", looking for excellent prose and creative writing skills...like they arent even trying to hide anymore.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Guess I'll need to avoid both Dallas & McKinney stealership for my upcoming annual service. Roadtrip to Fort Worth!

2018 Stelvio Ti, Vulcano Black/Black
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAOFFROAD View Post
That is crazy. Sounds like this guy is a serious con artist.

Might be wrong but sure does seem like large scale con artists are having a field day currently...just saw a freelance job posting to "create customer testimonials", looking for excellent prose and creative writing skills...like they arent even trying to hide anymore.
Just the world we live in now. Critical thinking has left the building in this modern internet age. Then again did it ever really exist among the masses? Is it just that the audiences are far wider then they were 25 or 100 years ago.

Last edited by pyrrhusmj; 06-06-2019 at 12:29 PM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
- there was another dealer group in northern Arizona that did the same thing. Not paying off the lien on the customer's trade in. There were so many complaints, the FTC got involved.

2018 Stelvio TI Sport AWD Package 22S,, Driver Assistance Package, Dynamic Plus Package, HK Premium radio, 8.8" Bluetooth 3D Nav., Convenience Package, 19" dark hole aluminum wheels, - Vulcano Black Metallic/Red Interior -MFR Date: 6/2017.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page