Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1st spy photos of the 2021 Grand Cherokee

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Scalewoodman 
#1 ·
https://moparinsiders.com/caught-2021-jeep-grand-cherokee-wl-prototype/

No real idea of what it looks like....still kinda cool to see the Alfa platform beginning to move into the FCA family since the Jeep models are the money makers, and I think once people drive it, they will realize it is the best Grand Cherokee ever built, and siginifincantly better than the previous Mercedes platform.

#4 ·
Always laugh at this stuff because it is 99% heresay and you can't see squat....bout time the GC leaves that dinosaur(pun intended) platform. Last time I even thought about one was in ~2005 or so and I crossed it off my list because it handled so badly at the same time it had put on a lot of weight over the 99-04 vintage. Have employees that own them, have been in and driven them....never could see what people liked about them. Maybe next to the Exploder, and GM products it was the lesser of the evils but....they were heavy, handled poorly, usually had the thirstiest motors in their class, weren't packaged very well, besides the obvious dime a dozen issue. Their AWD systems were unusually obtuse as well. Select this, Quadra that 1 , 2 ??
It looks like the new platform should be a real game changer though. About time the brand goes on a major diet.

Reactions: Marco
#6 ·
I don't know why but this excites me. FCA has had a few misses and fortunately more big hits and there is a lot riding on the evolutionary GC. They have done a lot with a little yet still managed the bold and audacious (Viper, AR, Maserati, RAM leadership, Glafiator/Wrangler etc.) An SUV mainstream vehicle that handles and alt power trains? **** yeah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.