Auto Start/Stop Not Available/Check Engine Light - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Auto Start/Stop Not Available/Check Engine Light

Ahoy,

Almost 1,400 miles and my fist check engine light. Auto Start/Stop Not Available. Dealer appointment set for next week. I've seen other posts with this issue. What was your repair outcome? Any repetition of the problem?

2019 Stelvio Ti Sport
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108 View Post
Ahoy,

Almost 1,400 miles and my fist check engine light. Auto Start/Stop Not Available. Dealer appointment set for next week. I've seen other posts with this issue. What was your repair
outcome? Any repetition of the problem?

2019 Stelvio Ti Sport
Probably a battery issue.
Friscorays likes this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 108 View Post
Ahoy,

Almost 1,400 miles and my fist check engine light. Auto Start/Stop Not Available. Dealer appointment set for next week. I've seen other posts with this issue. What was your repair outcome? Any repetition of the problem?

2019 Stelvio Ti Sport
Your DNA is not working either, and I believe remote start is disabled as well - standard operating procedure

Get the codes read at the nearest AutoZone, and see what they show. In my case it was evap system leak, they had to do a smoke test to determine the cause. It may be as simple as gas tank cap not tightened correctly. My mechanic told me about a guy whose CEL came on every time after his wife filled the tank... three times, same thing - gas cap...
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Do you just get "Auto Start/Stop Not Available" in the middle of your display? Do you get "Check Engine" And were you using your shift paddles? I had the warning one time only Auto Start/Stop, and I was using the paddles at the a stop sign to take it down to first gear. Then that error came up and stayed on, the car performed normally and I still could use all the functions, just the Auto Start/Stop was turned off. I also checked the A-button on the lower left and the light was not on (indicating it is in off mode (stays running)) until I turned off the vehicle. The next morning error was gone and Auto Stop/Start was working. Manual doesn't state you can turn off the Auto Start/Stop with the paddles and I really haven't tried it again. I have driven the vehicle at least 3K since that happened.

2018 Stelvio TI Sport white/chocolate
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:21 PM

I got this warning/alert once on my Giulia. It appeared because I opened the hood and shut it incompletely. The stop/start feature is connected to the hood latch. Try opening the hood and then properly close the hood. Worked for me.
Banffstelvio likes this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

I checked this morning and the DNA is also not working. The remote start is still working. Thanks for the tip on the DNA.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

The check engine light did come on simultaneously with the Stop/Start Not Available warning. Same situation after sitting overnight. The warning appeared after coming to a first stop after a morning start up. Wasn't using the paddle shifters.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Opening and closing the hood did not impact the problem, but thanks for the tip. Service scheduled next Tuesday. I'll post then what I learn from the Alfa service advisor.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:49 PM

If the start/ stop amber is on and the DNA not working it just needs a software update. It will take about 20 minutes. I had that and it took as long as a cup of coffee and I was on my way.

I did get the Amber/ start stop warning alone and it was a simple open the hood and re close it to catch both latches and gone away.

Computers.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the 20 minute update tip. I may wait and have the coffee instead of taking the service shuttle home.
Banffstelvio likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page