Amazing lease deals that just piss me off - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 407guy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Amazing lease deals that just piss me off

So I’m seeing all of these July 4th weekend deals and they almost seemtoo good to be true but they are true. 350 a month plus tax, no down payment. 10kmiles a year for 36 months. Seems like Alfa Romeo is struggling to get people to purchase and or lease? When I got mine I put about 5k down and my monthly is just under 500 for 12k miles, 36 months.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:24 PM

Deals always come and go.

Hate to say it, but when I got mine....even the current deals are crumby. I had 15k/yr, and not great credit...paid less p/mo with less down (it is a purchase now though...going to keep it). Would I have gotten it were the deal not as good? Yes. It is worth more than I paid IMO.

There is a reason the sales about a year ago were higher...it was the discount. That type of discounting can't last though. Not to mention I believe Alfa is adopting a different strategy where they are willing to lose some volume, but are attempting to better focus in thier target market which isn't the mainstream buyer but the performance buyer. Let the mainstream person go to Dodge or Jeep (the mainstream FCA brands) is the idea. Nothing wrong with that.

Plus it is that time of the year. Labor and Memorial days are the car purchasing/sales holidays. Just ask any car salespeople who have never had either weekend off...ever. Don't even ask for it (just show up, cough a few times and go home "sick" but do it fast before Management starts saying no because everyone is doing it).

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 06:31 PM

^ What ALFAOFFROAD said.

But I never have and probably never will understand renting a car for that long...

2018 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Misano Blue with yellow calipers

Forza Componenti exhaust controller (model E3)
Ceramic Pro coating

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelvio2019 View Post
So Im seeing all of these July 4th weekend deals and they almost seemtoo good to be true but they are true. 350 a month plus tax, no down payment. 10kmiles a year for 36 months. Seems like Alfa Romeo is struggling to get people to purchase and or lease? When I got mine I put about 5k down and my monthly is just under 500 for 12k miles, 36 months.
Yep, and the dealer just sold the last one at that price right before you got there. It's basically a come-on to get you into the showroom. Even if there's one available, it's a base model on the dealer's lot with no options and no choice of colors, and when you add tax and bank fee, plus more mileage, you're close to $500. Yes, a good deal if you can find it and are satisfied with all the restrictions. Don't forget, a lease price is based on the MSRP (less discounts), so the final numbers depend on what the sticker reads (before negotiating).
--------------------------------
2019 Ti (leased) - Alfa Rosso
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelvio2019 View Post
So Im seeing all of these July 4th weekend deals and they almost seemtoo good to be true but they are true. 350 a month plus tax, no down payment. 10kmiles a year for 36 months. Seems like Alfa Romeo is struggling to get people to purchase and or lease? When I got mine I put about 5k down and my monthly is just under 500 for 12k miles, 36 months.

You have a realistic deal for what is probably an optioned car. The ad is for a base car with no options. FCA and the dealer maybe offering a larger discount now, or for a short time, than when you bought. When leasing, timing can make a huge difference. Lease deals are the main way car companies move product when needed. They throw $ into the pot that you cannot get when buying because they will also play with the residual value and inflate that. (no big deal if you turn the car in and don't want to buy it)

I leased a MB C300 in 2012 late in the year. MB was trying to beat BMW on yearly sales that year. The deal was incredible. I liked the car, and had no issues, just gas and oil cost, so I wanted to buy it at lease end. I turned it in since the residual cost was so high. They listed it later online as a CPO for $ 5,000.00 less then what I could pay to keep it at lease end.

2018 Base Stelvio - Vulcano Black / Chocolate Interior.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:06 PM

Don't forget that lease deals are negotiable. The dealer wanted $7k and $330/mo and we ended up with 6k @ $269/mo including registration and first month. Paint and nav are the only options.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page