Testing the limits of my Stelvio - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 5Likes
  • 4 Post By Whippersnap52
  • 1 Post By Whippersnap52

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Testing the limits of my Stelvio

Hey Alfistis, I just want to share my one year experience with my versatile Stelvio. Checkout the pics at sea level and at 6,288 feet and everything else in between.

Aside from a minor hiccup w/ a dead battery, my Stelvio is an awesome SUV and so versatile that it has exceeded my expectations as an everyday workhorse, race car, boat hauler, mountain climber and show stopper.

https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/m...d-stelvio.html
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:19 AM

Wow, YOU do it all, and have the right vehicle for it! any trouble running with the sporting cars?

I had heard Lime Rock had a strict "no SUV" rule?

Mt. Washington is a very entertaining drive if you are lucky about other traffic.

is that an 18 footer? must be right around the US max tow amount (well below the Europe limit).

Last edited by lost1750GTV; 07-19-2019 at 08:20 AM. Reason: edit - you have my nomination for post of the year.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 09:24 AM

Awesome!!!

Love to hear the lime rock report...

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
Wow, YOU do it all, and have the right vehicle for it! any trouble running with the sporting cars?

I had heard Lime Rock had a strict "no SUV" rule?

Mt. Washington is a very entertaining drive if you are lucky about other traffic.

is that an 18 footer? must be right around the US max tow amount (well below the Europe limit).
Her handling was superb (virtually no body roll) against the Miatas, Corvettes, Porsches, BMWs, Mustangs and Subarus. Got beat by a Jaguar F-type convertible (5.0 V8) by .10 seconds for 17th place out of 20. I think I had a decent showing for a 1st timer against sports cars. Overall, I placed 315 out of 379 over the course of the 2018 season.

SUVs are allowed although there were only 3 SUVs for that season including my Stelvio.

Lime Rock is a well known race track but it also has a really a great two level autocross course with a lot of chicanes that put my Stelvio through its paces.

Mt. Washington was also a great experience until you reach 3/4 of the way up where the fog is almost always present. I hit a really dense patch where visibility was around 10-15 feet so it was a white knuckle drive as well. Fog lights would have been nice to have...Wind was blowing at around 50 mph at 58F while it was around 90 F at sea level.

That was my 18 foot center console fishing machine. She was more than capable towing it and her transmission was steady even during inclines.
lost1750GTV likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page