Ideas for lease options? - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Ideas for lease options?

Hey everyone! I’m in Syracuse, Ny leases are super high. I went to Rochester and negotiated a Stevie AWD sport loaded. It was 53k and I adjust price was 43k. I put down the first payment of $585. They paid my last car payment of $355. So it’s a 2018 no AppleCarplay and I see I got a really bad deal. For around here it is a good deal. Audi was quoting $700 a month for Q4 premium. Anyone know if I can trade this to a dealer in PA or closer to the city and get a 2020 when they come out and get rid of this without losing my a$$?
I love my car but I’m paying way more than I need too 😞
Thanks!!🙏
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDarius View Post
Hey everyone! Im in Syracuse, Ny leases are super high. I went to Rochester and negotiated a Stevie AWD sport loaded. It was 53k and I adjust price was 43k. I put down the first payment of $585. They paid my last car payment of $355. So its a 2018 no AppleCarplay and I see I got a really bad deal. For around here it is a good deal. Audi was quoting $700 a month for Q4 premium. Anyone know if I can trade this to a dealer in PA or closer to the city and get a 2020 when they come out and get rid of this without losing my a$$?
I love my car but Im paying way more than I need too 😞
Thanks!!🙏
You'd have to call the lender and see what the buyout price is of your current vehicle. Chances are the trade in value will be way less so they would most likely tack that on to the price of the 2020 making your monthly payment even higher. Your best bet would be to try and sell it outright for what the buyout price is but depending on how long you've had your vehicle, you still may have to fork up a few thousand out of pocket to cover the difference since these vehicles have been so heavily discounted new. Most likely you'll be better off keeping the car through lease end.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

I see! Thank you, and I think you’re right. I’ve had it since December only 7k miles. Maybe it’s not worth the trouble. I can always keep it at the end of the lease. I was mad when I saw all these people with the monthly payment I said the numbers equaled and this guy kept telling me I was wrong. Oh well. Won’t be going back there.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM

Hunter Darius......I live in Phoenix Arizona area and we have 2 AR dealers. I was unable to work any type of good deal on a new 2018 Quadrifoglio. Sticker $88,700 and with the 19’s coming in the best I could do was $80K+TTL. I got on the phone to dealers in CA and NV. Found the exact car I wanted and after a little negotiating we ended up at $73K. Ended up saving $7K for a $150 plane ticket and a days work. Point being, I’ve learned you don’t have to purchase in your home city or state. Even if you don’t buy from your local dealer they will love your warranty and service business. If your best deal is 2K miles away and you have the unit shipped to you, you can many times save money if you do your home work.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDarius View Post
I see! Thank you, and I think youre right. Ive had it since December only 7k miles. Maybe its not worth the trouble. I can always keep it at the end of the lease. I was mad when I saw all these people with the monthly payment I said the numbers equaled and this guy kept telling me I was wrong. Oh well. Wont be going back there.
Put it on swaplease or leakerhackr. Youll probably have to put an incentive on it. If you didnt lease through Chrysler Capital. Hopefully it was ally.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:37 AM

How much time is left on the lease?

You CAN do anything. Sounds like you are under your mileage which makes it easier.

What are you trying to do and why?

Get rid of a 2018 Stelvio for a 2020 Stelvio?

Are those even out yet?

Another brand? Is the vehicle cheaper or more expensive? Getting a dealer to eat any negative equity when the vehicle you are buying is cheaper than the one being traded....that is really hard...but..

Either way, go to the dealer and see what you negotiate. When I traded my Passat in, it was 3 years into 5 years lease but I had put 110000 miles on it already and was way over miles. Traded it in for a 330Ci...negotiated hard and the dealer ate the negative equity on my Passat. Helped the 330 was a 6 month old dealer demo with 3000 miles...

Anything can happen, depending on how hard you work for it and what you are looking to get into.

BUT the chances of trading a 2018 for a 2020 and getting a lower payment might be pretty small realistically. I don't think the discounts are anywhere near as big now...part of why sales have dropped.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:11 PM

So it looks like you leased a nicely equipped 2018 and got $10,000 off. Sounds about right on the discount. Don't compare yourself to other deals you see online or on here. The reason is a base model is around $ 42,000. My base model with a few options (not quite a TI) had a sticker around $45,000. That is $ 10K less than yours to start and I got a similar deduct. The lease calculation on a base car like mine will be much less do to the much lower cap cost ( almost 75%).

I bring this up to try to make you feel better. Stelvio's Q4's are very nice and you have one with almost all the options. That is mainly where the difference is. Also, in 2020, if they control inventory better you probably will not find that level of discount.

Question, why are you unhappy with the 2018, is it just the lack of Carplay ? I understand the regret on that, but that is one of the reasons you got such a good deal. When I bought my Stelvio, I could have bought a 2019 for about $ 8,000 more. Similar spec but with Carplay. I could not justify that. (2018 discounted very heavy vs 2019 discounted normally)
Hope that helps.

2018 Base Stelvio - Vulcano Black / Chocolate Interior.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all your posts!
Yes, I agree, I can get from any state and save money, so thank you for the heads up on that one. I’m not trying to get 2020 right now. It doesn’t make sense, they are not out yet, but I wasn’t clear in my post : D
Thanks for reminding me not to compare to others. I do live my car. I get mad because I negotiate a mean deal and I knew I was right, but took the deal-great for this area. After seeing all the info on hear and Leasehacker, I see I could have done better. So, makes sense to keep it. It is under mileage and will continue to be and at the end of the lease, 3 years to go (39 months) I’ll be sitting pretty. I didn’t want a 39 either. I learned a lot. I really appreciate all of you on here. I can’t see who wrote what on the forum, as I type...so 🙏with general answer here. CarPlay not too big of an issue, really. And she is faaasst! Thanks again!
HD

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page