Push For Closer Servicing/Warranty Work - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 6Likes
  • 5 Post By Corky
  • 1 Post By Zatara

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Push For Closer Servicing/Warranty Work

I just heard of Niello (Sacramento) closing; now Walnut Creek (~100 miles) is the closest dealer. If Alfa would develop a network of experienced auto repair shops to do the service/warranty work, that would resolve the problem we're experiencing.
Here's the letter I just sent.

Timothy Kuniskis
Global Head of Alfa Romeo
FCA US LLC
1000 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326-2766
USA

Dear Timothy,
I thoroughly enjoy my 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport TI. My next car is (or was contingent on what Alfa does next in terms of Service options due to dealerships closing) planned to be the upcoming Giulia Quadrifoglio Coupe, with the hybrid powertrain. One of my sons asked me “why not the new mid-engine Corvette?” While I have previously owned Vettes I told him “It’s an Alfa”. My other son is in the market for a “new” similarly equipped Stelvio. My first (and favorite) Alfa was a 1966 Sprint GT back in 1971. I’ve owned others since along with Mercedes, Austin-Healy, Lotus, Jaguar, etc.
Two Alfa dealerships have closed near me; AutoNation Roseville and Niello Sacramento. I now have to drive over 100 miles to Walnut Creek for a simple service, recalls and warranty repairs. This is unacceptable to me.
There’s a viable solution; authorize experienced auto repair shops to service the new Alfas. Barber’s Shop Automotive (Sacramento) are Alfa enthusiasts, and have specialized in Alfa’s for the last 40 years. They have done work for me and I highly recommend them to friends. I believe this could not only fill a void for local dedicated owners, but provide a resource assuring “new” customers of reasonably nearby Alfa service, increasing new car sales. Alfa also has no overhead costs in this arraignment, and the garage has no “nut” to crack to to keep the business. This is a win-win for Alfa and the Alfa owner.
An Alfa owner is rare breed. While he/she is a driving devotee, they need to know Alfa is supportive of their purchase, and brand commitment.
I won’t sell my Stelvio because of the poor availability of authorized service, but I also won’t buy another new one unless I can be assured I don’t have spend an entire day (or two), to get it serviced. Lastly, I cannot in good conscience recommend choosing a new Alfa unless that person has the time, freedom and availability to sacrifice just to get it serviced. My Dad had Alfas and I’ve had/have Alfas; I’d like to see my son have one too.

Sincerely,
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Agree, nicely said @Corky .

TI Lusso 22X-Trofeo tri-coat white/Cannelloni crema leather/dash leather/Assist Pckgs/HK Snd/8.8" 3D Nav/20" wheels/ACP. Arte e prestazione Italiane
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 04:59 PM

It is actually much easier...they should cross train at least one Jeep dealership in each market.

Already vetted and trained FCA employees, just need to get them up to speed on Alfas.

Boom!
Tom likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 06:05 PM

Great letter!

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatara View Post
It is actually much easier...they should cross train at least one Jeep dealership in each market.

Already vetted and trained FCA employees, just need to get them up to speed on Alfas.

Boom!

You're right, it would be easier.
Now we just to just get them move on something.
I don't know if a few letters will amount to much, but a "barrage" might...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 08:00 AM

Garage
Corky,

I feel your pain, friend! The only dealer, 80 miles away, in the New Orleans area closed. I now have to drive 300 miles to Houston, TX, or 285 miles to Shreveport, LA.

Twice I had to make a trip to Houston taking a day off from work, once with two nights at a hotel, one night on the second trip at $90.00 each.

Salary Loss, Hotel Charges, Gasoline. Alfa has got to do something about this soon.

Cheers!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page