Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Drop In Air Filters by BMC - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 5Likes
  • 1 Post By MADNESS Autoworks
  • 1 Post By Omega
  • 1 Post By lost1750GTV
  • 1 Post By Marzio
  • 1 Post By Rae

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Location: We have two walk in locations (CA and TX) that have a full walk in store, distribution and full shop
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Drop In Air Filters by BMC

Are you looking to add a bit more power to the Stelvio and at the same time upgrade the restrictive factory paper air filter?

Look no further! BMC Air Filters is considered one of the best, if not THE very best Performance Air Filter Manufacturer in the world. They are an OEM Supplier to many high end car brands in Europe. Their Air Filters are used on many race vehicles all over the world due to their superior quality and filtration.

We stock a large selection of their filters and now stock their filters for the Stelvio. Below you will find some basic information on the filters along with direct product links that will go in to more details on the filters, their construction and how they compare to what else is available in the market place.

If you are looking for a safe way to give your Stelvio a little better breathing and safely increase the performance of the vehicle these are a great choice!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.9L V6

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Al...29l-v6-pid7312

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.0L Engine

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Al...engine-pid7313
oyeahhhhhh likes this.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNESS Autoworks View Post
Are you looking to add a bit more power to the Stelvio and at the same time upgrade the restrictive factory paper air filter?

Look no further! BMC Air Filters is considered one of the best, if not THE very best Performance Air Filter Manufacturer in the world. They are an OEM Supplier to many high end car brands in Europe. Their Air Filters are used on many race vehicles all over the world due to their superior quality and filtration.

We stock a large selection of their filters and now stock their filters for the Stelvio. Below you will find some basic information on the filters along with direct product links that will go in to more details on the filters, their construction and how they compare to what else is available in the market place.

If you are looking for a safe way to give your Stelvio a little better breathing and safely increase the performance of the vehicle these are a great choice!

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.9L V6

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Al...29l-v6-pid7312

Alfa Romeo Stelvio Performance Air Filter by BMC - 2.0L Engine

Direct Product Link:

https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-Al...engine-pid7313
Literally the first purchase I made after getting my Stelvio. The BMC filter is a nice perfect and tight fit and easy to install. Now if only you guys could make a “How to install” video for the aftermarket exhaust...my main worry is taking off the stock chrome tips. Can it be done without taking the bumper off?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:31 AM

Yeah... Same here, my first purchase was this BMC filter.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 02:18 PM

Do you guys notice any difference in sound/performance after the swap? I know obviously that more substantive changes would come from a proper aftermarket intake.
oyeahhhhhh likes this.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Do you guys notice any difference in sound/performance after the swap? I know obviously that more substantive changes would come from a proper aftermarket intake.

For me, it is hard to tell if there is a difference. It has just been a habit for me to swap out the factory filter with either a K&N or this BMC whenever I get new cars.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
I am still in the break-in period so I haven’t pushed the car too hard yet but just the savings from not having to get a new paper air filter again is worth the cost. Also this upgrade does not void the warranty. If you end up getting 5 hp more and 1 mpg more then that is a bonus. IMO.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 12:27 PM

being that the turbo is forcing sufficient air through, the only time I expect you might notice a difference is before the turbo spools up - and that could be quite worthwhile.
Flunx likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The inlet air flow is a little bit more noisy and spoof, yes, spoofffy

No more power
Flunx likes this.

Italian Stelvio 280hp owner from Padua
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Location: We have two walk in locations (CA and TX) that have a full walk in store, distribution and full shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1750GTV View Post
being that the turbo is forcing sufficient air through, the only time I expect you might notice a difference is before the turbo spools up - and that could be quite worthwhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marzio View Post
The inlet air flow is a little bit more noisy and spoof, yes, spoofffy

No more power
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAlfa View Post
I am still in the break-in period so I havent pushed the car too hard yet but just the savings from not having to get a new paper air filter again is worth the cost. Also this upgrade does not void the warranty. If you end up getting 5 hp more and 1 mpg more then that is a bonus. IMO.
Quote:
There is actually a documented improvement with the BMC filters installed

Let me know if you have any other questions
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 03:16 PM
Rae

I was looking at this, but seemed a bit rich at $120 US, (now on sale at 84) so looked at K&N at what I presume would be a close comparison, currently on for $50.99 US and charged another $7.50 for shipping to Canada should someone like an alternative, let you know when it gets here how it does, thanks Rae

https://www.knfilters.com/air-filter...ent-air-filter
Luis Lusso likes this.

145 Cloverleaf
155 Selespeed
156 2.0l

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page