Infotainment system crash.... - Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter
edf

Infotainment system crash....

Second time this has happened,radio freezes up,then nothing on the infotainment works at all.Then the whole system goes black and reboots to the start up "Alfa Romeo" screen.Radio comes back up but still does not work for another few minutes.Then seems to work again....

Anyone else see this happen?I have premium sound and Nav.Build date is Aug 2017 so it's not the newer system with Carplay.
post #2 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 03:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edf View Post
Second time this has happened,radio freezes up,then nothing on the infotainment works at all.Then the whole system goes black and reboots to the start up "Alfa Romeo" screen.Radio comes back up but still does not work for another few minutes.Then seems to work again....

Anyone else see this happen?I have premium sound and Nav.Build date is Aug 2017 so it's not the newer system with Carplay.
Good opportunity to get the new system under warranty

My car : https://www.stelvioforum.com/forum/g...vehicle_id=559

previous Alfa's : Alfa alfetta GTV, Alfasud QV, Spider 2.0 Veloce, 164 2.0, 147 GTA, Alfa giulia AWD 280 Hp
post #3 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 08:06 AM

I've had that happen once, right after start up.

2018 Stelvio 2.0T AWD

Opinions on Automobiles
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPc...CMdK6vlFLuSWLQ
post #4 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
edf

Want to bring it in,but since it only happened a few times not sure how they would diagnose the issue.It's not going to do it for them in the shop.

Will call them and see how soon they can look at it.I would rather have it replaced then worrying about it,but I doubt I will get that lucky.
post #5 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 05:58 PM

Has happened to me a few times. When I asked the dealer about it, they could not find anything. The dealer asked that when it happens, if I could try to get a picture of the screen. So far I have not been able to catch it when it happens, it always happens to me when I am driving.
edf likes this.

2018 Stelvio Ti Sport, Black/Red
post #6 of 148 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
edf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_LC View Post
Has happened to me a few times. When I asked the dealer about it, they could not find anything. The dealer asked that when it happens, if I could try to get a picture of the screen. So far I have not been able to catch it when it happens, it always happens to me when I am driving.
Not much to take pictures of...either a frozen screen or the Alfa reboot screen.Maybe a video would help,but impossible to get since it happens like once a month or less.Leary of bringing it in for service since i think it will be a waste of time,unless it gets worse i might wait until I bring it in for the 2 new recalls I need done.Always happens when i am driving as well.....
post #7 of 148 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 10:59 AM

This just happened to me this morning. Had XM satellite on and screen went blank and said radio unavailable, about 2 minutes later system came back on. Called dealer and they said nothing they could do unless it happens while in shop.
post #8 of 148 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
edf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnalfaowner View Post
This just happened to me this morning. Had XM satellite on and screen went blank and said radio unavailable, about 2 minutes later system came back on. Called dealer and they said nothing they could do unless it happens while in shop.
Just as I suspected,they will ignore the problem as long as they can I am sure.We might have to contact Alfa directly on this issue.Bringing it to the dealer will probably be a waste of time for me.
post #9 of 148 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

I have seen this (or potentially the issue) many times over the years with my former U-Connect. When XM decides to upgrade or shuffle the channels as they tend to do around the holiday season, there is an unexplainable reset while this process occurs. In U-Connect, there was a display 'Updating Channels' and satellite was unavailable for s period of time while this was underway. So a possible explanation might be revising channels to accept new holiday stations and shuffle things around. If it comes back and operates normally, I would be willing to bet on it.

Hope this is helpful.

Just to note: No issues here but I will watch for this process and confirm when it happens.

2018 Stelvio - Vulcano, Chocolate interior - 20" wheels + Yellow calipers / safety pkgs - Build: July 2017 - Godetevi la corsa!
post #10 of 148 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
edf

So,whoever is having a problem.....

Do you have the older Pre-apple Carplay version or the newer one?
claffeeba likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page