Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

VIN Decoder for Alfa ? Manufacturing, options, dates....

49K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  assa 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of a working VIN decoder link/site that can tell me the manufacture date and options for a Stelvio ?

Since some dealers sites are not willing or able to tell me the manufacturing date and/or options on a certain Stelvio I thought I would input the VIN thru a site to find out.

I used to use the BMW VIN decoder for years while shopping around.

This site works but won't tell me which month / year the car was made, shipped and received by the port. It only tells me the year and any recalls:
https://www.vehiclehistory.com/vin-decoder/alfa-romeo

#12 ·
got this from a very knowledgable individual on the giulia board,

Z = Italy
AS = Alfa Romeo MPV
F = restraint code for NAFTA vehicles
AKE = Stelvio, AWD, Quadrifoglio, LHD
V = 2.9L V6
1 = check digit
J = MY2018
7 = Cassino plant

after that the number is your chassis
Finally found a vin decoder that actually works, well at least I got the mfg year which is 2017. Interesting that car’s battery has a sticker that says 4/2018. Not very logical because I believe every car is tested and driven before being shipped to importer/dealer/customer.
My Stelvio’s VIN begins with ZARFAHBU7H7B.
Originally it was sold 6/2018 in Sweden and imported 10/2021 as second-hand vehicle to Finland.

#13 ·
In the good old days you could send the Alfa factory registry an email and get all the information you wanted on your Alfa. Then the kind old lady must have retired after a long career and now we have this thing called internet and websites with no real purpose at all.
Alfa product info is also nothing but useless sales slogans and pictures. Techical info is something that is not important anymore?

#14 ·
#15 ·