Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just had H&R springs installed (and alignment done) after seeing your car posted on the forum, I absolutely love the way it looks now and the driving characteristics are even better. Next step is to get spacers put in and glad you posted about the 15mm and 10mm, looks perfect. You get from Madness, with longer wheelbolts, or did stock bolts work?
Stelvio after H&R.jpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Question, what does “length of the hub” mean, and why would the 8mm spacers be better than 10mm? I assume you used hub-centric spacers. I‘ve used quality wheel spacers on many vehicles to bring the tires out to the fenders but have not heard of this. Thanks.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question, what does “length of the hub” mean, and why would the 8mm spacers be better than 10mm? I assume you used hub-centric spacers. I‘ve used quality wheel spacers on many vehicles to bring the tires out to the fenders but have not heard of this. Thanks.

As I understand it, the hub provides a ‘lip’ for the hub-centric spacer to centralize on, while providing an additional “hub” for the wheel to mount on. If the spacer is the same width as the hub, then you are left with a flat surface for the wheel to mount on, so the spacer either needs to be a little shallower, or thicker, to provide a hub for the wheel.

At least, that’s my understanding of it.

Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia ti Sport Q4
119 Posts

10mm and under cannot have the hub centric lip. Therefore you need some part of the hub for the wheel to sit on. Hub length, say it's 10mm, then a 10mm will provide no hub at all. Essentially t
then the wheel is riding on nothing essentially, just the wheel bolts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts