Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you want more tech....you got it.

Personally I just wonder if I can retrofit the new shifter handle into my car....perforated leather sounds perfect.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thank you for posting! Cool to see the fender badges. I see 'Veloce' but what is the other new one?
Pity no ventilated seats and I wish the info graphics were not the same red/white font.
John

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

More in depth review.

Gotta admit the new infotainment sounds sweet, and the addition of a wireless charging pad is too..would love to not have cords in my interior...might make up for the shorter armrest.

And yeah..that Gold is interesting. Very eye catching.

My Jetta was goldish..called gangsta grandma gold....cause and only ganstas and grandma's have gold cars....

Wonder if the new steering wheel uses the same leather....touching the steering wheel rim is my favorite thing about the car...that leather is tactile joy..

·
Registered
117 Posts

If you want more tech....you got it.

Personally I just wonder if I can retrofit the new shifter handle into my car....perforated leather sounds perfect.
YES - I just want the new shifter ! Maybe if we all complain that we are cutting our fingers on the sharp crappy plastic on the shifter, Alfa will have to do a recall to replace it. Maybe they could just do it to be nice. 😀

·
Registered
220 Posts
I think, from the pictures, that the Lusso trim does not get body colored cladding, rather it is shiny black. If that's the case that bums me out. I love the look of having that all body colored.
Now - what is the fender badge?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Same drive train though....thought after three years hoped we would have an "intermediate" engine between the TI and Quad with a simple tune, producing 340 to 390 HP (we all know this is possible).

Interesting they tamed down the brakes...one of my wife's primary issue with our TI sport is the touchy brakes (doesn't bother me a bit).

I realized the tech/info system sucked on the 2018 - 2019s....but did not buy for that and certainly was not willing to wait :)

·
Registered
220 Posts

More in depth review.

Gotta admit the new infotainment sounds sweet, and the addition of a wireless charging pad is too..would love to not have cords in my interior...might make up for the shorter armrest.

And yeah..that Gold is interesting. Very eye catching.

My Jetta was goldish..called gangsta grandma gold....cause and only ganstas and grandma's have gold cars....

Wonder if the new steering wheel uses the same leather....touching the steering wheel rim is my favorite thing about the car...that leather is tactile joy..
Finally, perhaps the best thing about this new interface is that it’s exclusive to Alfa Romeo – and not currently shared with any other vehicle in the sprawling FCA lineup. As good as the Uconnect system may be, the display looks exactly the same in a $22,000 Jeep Compass as it does in a $160,000 Maserati Levante. Kudos to the Alfa team for delivering something unique and special.
I remain skeptical about this. UConnect is the best system out there (or one of them) and I would have preferred they used this instead. Seeing this new system in action will be a big factor on my upgrading to a new Stelvio sooner rather than later. I would appreciate the app for things like remote start. I used it on my Pacifica today to start it before I left the office for the long cold walk to it - it's really a fantastic feature. I really don't understand not using it across the FCA family.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maserati gets blasted for using Uconnect in every review.

I agree though, it's a good system.

Truth is, the new one might be a re-skinned and tweaked Uconnect...or the next evolution. I've been researching and it appears to be the new suppliers Alfa is using, also supply the rest of FCA with infotainment hardware. Not positive..but maybe.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Maserati gets blasted for using Uconnect in every review.

I agree though, it's a good system.

Truth is, the new one might be a re-skinned and tweaked Uconnect...or the next evolution. I've been researching and it appears to be the new suppliers Alfa is using, also supply the rest of FCA with infotainment hardware. Not positive..but maybe.
That would make me happy then. It's so useful and such am important part of the user experience with any vehicle now that having a less than optimal infortainment system does't cut it any longer. And in my view, it just make business and financial sense to leverage what already is available in the FCA family.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would it be nice to have a better system like uconnect? Sure, I guess. My Audi had a decent system and I used it to play music. Honestly if I had Android Auto I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I didn't buy the Stelvio for the infotainment system. I bought it because it's sexy af and I can't wait to drive it everyday. Probably the same reasons most of us did.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Would it be nice to have a better system like uconnect? Sure, I guess. My Audi had a decent system and I used it to play music. Honestly if I had Android Auto I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I didn't buy the Stelvio for the infotainment system. I bought it because it's sexy af and I can't wait to drive it everyday. Probably the same reasons most of us did.
It's about making it the BEST it can be!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not arguing that. If they can make it better, by all means, do it. I'm just saying I can't really knock the current system - other than AA/ACP, which I was told could be updated. That aside, I knew exactly what the infotainment system was like before I bought it. If it does what it's supposed to do and doesn't crash then 👍

For Alfa it's kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't. If they used Uconnect people would complain that Alfa went cheap and used the same system their neighbor's pacifica has. They tried to give Alfa owners something unique to Alfa. But I agree with you. If they can make it better I certainly won't decline it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm not arguing that. If they can make it better, by all means, do it. I'm just saying I can't really knock the current system - other than AA/ACP, which I was told could be updated. That aside, I knew exactly what the infotainment system was like before I bought it. If it does what it's supposed to do and doesn't crash then 👍

For Alfa it's kind of a damned if you do and damned if you don't. If they used Uconnect people would complain that Alfa went cheap and used the same system their neighbor's pacifica has. They tried to give Alfa owners something unique to Alfa. But I agree with you. If they can make it better I certainly won't decline it.
Thanks - love it when we agree! Not bashing it, just have the FCA UConnect experience to compare it to. My current system is still better than the Audi system we had in the Q3 before this.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts