Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Curious as well here. When I got my 10,000 mile done, I asked- but they didn't have much info outside of saying the oil change was 175 bucks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks. ...Not the end of the world at 200/ for the oil change...but can you take it to an independent shop? Our first Alfa here- any issues with warranty?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Find a good independant shop.

Only person who says you MUST go to the dealer, is the dealer.....

Save your receipts in case of a warranty problem later since the maintenance won't be in thier system.

Posted elsewhere about the $400CAN+ cost for my next oil change only, which would be at around 22,000km and 2yrs. Found Sandy Lane Auto locally in Edmonton AB area for any other Alfa owners: $157. Went through it step by step, knew what was required, has the ability to reset the service warnings. We are being fleeced by the Main Dealers, don't do it!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
My Sacramento Maserati/Alfa dealer charged over $400 for my 20,000...extortion IMO. I called a local Dodge (FCA) dealer who said they do have an Alfa certified mechanic and the oil change/filter would be less than $200.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Is the 175 for the 2.0l? Ridiculous when you consider the parts are what, 50 bucks or so?

~$7x 6 =42 for oil

~$10 for filter
?Cabin filter ~$10
labor an hour =$100
21st century $150-175 dollars is actually appropriate if all the checks are done thoroughly while the drain is allowed to complete fully.
Let's not forget the cost of these facilities!!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
My 20k mile lease is expiring at the end of the year. I'm at 17k at the moment and the service reminder is already out. Do they care if you don't do the oil change at lease return if you return the car at 19xxx miles?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just dropped mine off for 20K Service - No Charge.
Oil Changes are always free.
State inspection Free.
Tire Rotate Free.
Cabin Air Filter $80 + $16 install - Declined
Engine Air Filter $75 - Declined

I know there has been a lot of talk about the belt so I specifically asked about that - they state visual inspection only at 20K (Which also matches the Alfa App). Recommended replacement is 80K. They did also mention at 2yrs in service (Jan 2020 for me) its recommended to have Brake Fluid replaced.. I'll likely defer that until 30k which probably will be around the same time. I know many think thats a gimmick and I suspect it is too - along with the coolent flush.

They got me in and out with a 2019 Guilia in 10min. I can't say enough nice things about Southern Alfa in Norfolk, VA.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
@ifly4fun, brake fluid changes are definitely not a gimmick...however doing it more than once every 4-5 years is unecessary.

After enough heating and cooling cycles the fluid breaks down and needs to be replaced (risking failure isn't an option really), but every 2 years is wasteful for sure.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just dropped mine off for 20K Service - No Charge.
Oil Changes are always free.

How did you get the free 20k oil change? I thought only the first one at 10k is complimentary.
It’s a dealer perk... local competition I guess. Just about every dealer here offers “lifetime oil, tires rotations, and state inspections”. No relation to the 10k that Alfa covers.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
You can't do a proper oil change in 10 minutes

Brakes should be done every 2 yrs!! on any vehicle. You WILL feel the differdnce. Not like its a top shelf synthetic from the factory.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts