Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Herb Chambers in Boston - $291 for an oil change for 2.0 ltr Stelvio. 180 in labor!

Only upside is you are surrounded by Lambos and Bentley's while you wait.

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Herb Chambers in Boston - $291 for an oil change for 2.0 ltr Stelvio. 180 in labor!

Only upside is you are surrounded by Lambos and Bentley's while you wait.
HC of Boston - yep, Lambo prices. Next time wait inside a Bentley :cool:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Local dealers in the north DFW area want $600+ for 20k services, I end up going to a local reputed shop for only $185. (without the tire rotation)

Service is the main reason I won't lease another Alfa.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think Kirkland, WA wins, $850 for the 2 year service. They didn't mention the brake flush which is required, just said it was a bunch of inspections.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
"HC of Boston"
Just did my 2 year on quad there.
Being old, on the one hand $600 and change is a lot for an oil change and stuff.
On the other hand its kinda nice knowing that the guys doing it are routinely very careful, unhurried, competent etc. Don't have to even think about what they might screw up.
I'll probably get my tires swapped for winter there at a careful high price, after the local wheel/tire shop has found three ways to eff up in three visits. THAT is not worth it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kirkland is $399 for just an oil change, didn't even rotate the tires. $300 for labor. The service writer told me that he originally quoted $540 (he did not) for the oil change but was giving me a special rate at $399.

Portland is $169 with tire rotation. I mean damn, I expect to pay a premium price but 2-3x what other dealers charge is just plain silly.m

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, Alfa UK when I bought my Stelvio Black Edition had a service pack offer, so £400 for 3 services, which basically would do me for the duration i'd likely have the car. essentially saving me £1200 in total when you add up what is done on the services. not sure if they offer that in the US

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone done their 20,000 service appointment? How much did it cost? Thanks!
Paid about $550 in Hartford CT. Oil ,Filter, tire rotation, brake fluid service, front wipers, cabin filter,top off fluids set tire pressure. considerate fair for the work. Done while I waited with appointment. Been happy with dealer Valenti Alfa Hartford CT

·
Registered
808 Posts
You can't do a proper oil change in 10 minutes

Brakes should be done every 2 yrs!! on any vehicle. You WILL feel the differdnce. Not like its a top shelf synthetic from the factory.
Agred

I can do oil changes on the 2.0l cars in around 30 minutes. Definitely not 10. Removing and then re-securing the aero pan takes about 4 minutes each by itself.

Absolutely on the brakes. 2 years max. Has less to do with heat cycling (assuming non competitive driving) than it does with hygroscopics.

Do not skimp on brake fluid changes.

·
281 Posts
I'm having my 30K service next week. Includes spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter. $750.

Reasonable or not?

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm having my 30K service next week. Includes spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter. $750.

Reasonable or not?
Ive seen worse rates. Realizing that alfa dealers may charge upwards of $170 per hour for labor id say that's reasonable. Id guess you could whittle it down a bit at an independent but anytime the dealership is charging less than twice the amount an independent would charge im generally impressed and in this case id bet you're only saving maybe a couple hundred at an independent.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
IN CT these are the 2 dealers send me the Prices for Different services.

Danbury dealer prices are 25% higher but they are stating that they are using
BG HIGH PERFORMANCE KIT
with every oil changes and It is backed up by lifetime protection plan for engine.
Is anyone familier with any of that BG?
You can check it out on this link.

I am not even sure if its even worth it do anything like that?

Beside that Hartford Dealer prices looks fair comparatively.

any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
IN CT these are the 2 dealers send me the Prices for Different services.

Danbury dealer prices are 25% higher but they are stating that they are using
BG HIGH PERFORMANCE KIT
with every oil changes and It is backed up by lifetime protection plan for engine.
Is anyone familier with any of that BG?
You can check it out on this link.

I am not even sure if its even worth it do anything like that?

Beside that Hartford Dealer prices looks fair comparatively.

any thoughts?
Every high end dealership ive been around uses the bg products. Specifically the bg44k fuel sytem cleaners are used by everyone from chevy to audi to Porsche and they're the only ones that ive seen actually work (techron can but as a preventative). That said i use shell vpower (or any top tier gas) and have had little need to use them in low mileage cars

·
Registered
8 Posts
@ifly4fun, brake fluid changes are definitely not a gimmick...however doing it more than once every 4-5 years is unecessary.

After enough heating and cooling cycles the fluid breaks down and needs to be replaced (risking failure isn't an option really), but every 2 years is wasteful for sure.
I've been told that the sport nature of the Stelvio, and Guilia, require more stringent fluid replacements than a standard vehicle. Before I buy another car I am going to ask about the scheduled maintenance costs!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
@TexStelvio yes...but I saw what you pay on another thread....I would highly suggest shopping some independent auto shops for your maintenance.

What you are being charged sounds criminal. The scheduled maintence costs on an Alfa should cost between a mainstream car like a Honda and luxury brand like Porsche. More than Honda, less then Porsche. Sounds like you are paying Porsche prices.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts