Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Agree with @ALFAOFFROAD but will add that i don't even believe our 2.0l are more "sporty" in the manner that would require more frequent fluid changes.

The multiair has a diesel engine like top end and redline but the multiair design likes clean oil which depending on your driving style is 4k to 10k miles like most modern cars.

The transmission is an ubiquitous zf that can go 80k miles or more. Its in millions of cars worldwide.

Brake fluid change recommendations of 2 years are no different than a Honda Civic or any other car and exist because of the hygroscopic nature of brake fluid.

There's really nothing expensive from a parts standpoint or from an interval standpoint. Like alfaoffroad alludes to those prices people get quoted are from very high dealership labor rates of $170/hr or more.

·
Registered
29 Posts
So really besides the oil at 20k, the Brake DNR is the only real service. (should be about an hour plus fluids at a decent shop) and oil these days is closer to $10 a quart for the Spec 0-30 (maybe $15 for fancy Amsoil)

·
Registered
808 Posts
So really besides the oil at 20k, the Brake DNR is the only real service. (should be about an hour plus fluids at a decent shop) and oil these days is closer to $10 a quart for the Spec 0-30 (maybe $15 for fancy Amsoil)
I believe cabin filter might be in that range. Thats it. And the oil can be had for 6 bucks a quart and a 7 dollar filter

·
Registered
29 Posts
I believe cabin filter might be in that range. Thats it. And the oil can be had for 6 bucks a quart and a 7 dollar filter
yep, sorry forgot to mention the cabin filter, good catch, plus one might just always change the air filter annually too...

so, oil, oil filter, an Air filter, a cabin filter, brake fluid, and the labor for the oil, brake and cabin filter changes, and Bob's your uncle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
20k for me was brake fluid flush. I already did it at home but didn't tell them. Why did I do it? Because I coudn't reset the damn maintenance schedule. (and i did everything, brakes 3,4,5 times and gas 6,5,4 times repeated at least 3 times each) Why brake fluid? thought it would be cheaper than the oil change....anyhow, they charge 119 for oil change and filter here. They threw in the reset for free but wasn't happy.

·
Registered
147 Posts
yep, sorry forgot to mention the cabin filter, good catch, plus one might just always change the air filter annually too...

so, oil, oil filter, an Air filter, a cabin filter, brake fluid, and the labor for the oil, brake and cabin filter changes, and Bob's your uncle.
Yup. that's it. I declined air filter, cabin filter and oil change but begged for reset

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime XSE
509 Posts
@ifly4fun, brake fluid changes are definitely not a gimmick...however doing it more than once every 4-5 years is unecessary.

After enough heating and cooling cycles the fluid breaks down and needs to be replaced (risking failure isn't an option really), but every 2 years is wasteful for sure.
My local Mazda dealer measures water content of the fluid every visit. I forget if its 2 or 3 %, but at that point they encourage change.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts