Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lease that will end by June 2021 and I know it will need brakes by then. I have 21,000 miles on it as of February 2020. Has anyone had their brake pads replaced at a dealership? I called the other day just to get prices and I was shocked. $272 for front pads, $123 for rear pads, $158 each for front rotors and $132 each fro rear rotors. $975 for parts only. I called back later that day to see if the price for the pads included the calipers, I was told the pads only with the wear sensor. They are Brembo brakes, silver / black script calipers.

Does anyone know where you can buy these brake pads other than a dealership?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here are a few:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a lease that will end by June 2021 and I know it will need brakes by then. I have 21,000 miles on it as of February 2020. Has anyone had their brake pads replaced at a dealership? I called the other day just to get prices and I was shocked. $272 for front pads, $123 for rear pads, $158 each for front rotors and $132 each fro rear rotors. $975 for parts only. I called back later that day to see if the price for the pads included the calipers, I was told the pads only with the wear sensor. They are Brembo brakes, silver / black script calipers.

Does anyone know where you can buy these brake pads other than a dealership?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting mine done at the dealership today front and rear brakes and rotors. Yes, very expensive. She is a Diva vehicle for sure and I love my Stelvio. They are recommending all of this at 32,0000 miles. Is this acceptable or am I being ripped off?
Thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
Here are the ones I bought for the front - yet to install - too cold

Here are the ones I bought for the rear - they were OEM. Installed and works great.

When I do the fronts I am going to document with photos the entire process and post. Wish I had on the back ones.

The one watch on the back is going into car status and releasing the parking brake prior to removal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did they tell you the measurements of each pad? I usually wait till 4mm or less before doing brakes. In my current car I did the rears at 44k and the fronts at 62k.

i’m looking at a Stelvio in the morning.
trying to see if I can do my own maintenance on the vehicle.
I’m coming from BMW where I did most of my own maintenance.

Dealership: me: service
$90. $50. Oil and filter change
$700. $250 rear brakes pads rotors sensor
$800. $250 front brakes pads rotors sensor
$200. $11. Brake fluid flush
$400. $70. Spark plug change
$150. $0. Synch spare key

unless the dealership does it for free, i try to learn to do it myself.
I’m afraid the cost of maintenance on the Stelvio will make me stick with BMW.
I’m test driving a Stelvio Ti Sport and a BMW X2 M35i in the morning.

·
Registered
685 Posts
@Julez if they already did the work, too late. Pads and rotor wear varies significantly based on how you use your brakes, no way to tell without looking at pads and measuring rotor thickness.

I had all my brakes done at 36,000 miles approx. when the warning light started for the rears. Front brakes still had some life. I did both rotors and pads although many can get by with just pads, although the new pads might outlast rotors. I paid under $1300 including tax, purchasing from Alfissimo (OEM rotors and porterfield pads, but you can get good quality less expensive parts) and using my trusted local brake and tire shop do the install. About $900 for parts and $300 for labor for front AND rear. Guessing that the dealer charges around $2000 for this.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@Julez if they already did the work, too late. Pads and rotor wear varies significantly based on how you use your brakes, no way to tell without looking at pads and measuring rotor thickness.

I had all my brakes done at 36,000 miles approx. when the warning light started for the rears. Front brakes still had some life. I did both rotors and pads although many can get by with just pads, although the new pads might outlast rotors. I paid under $1300 including tax, purchasing from Alfissimo (OEM rotors and porterfield pads, but you can get good quality less expensive parts) and using my trusted local brake and tire shop do the install. About $900 for parts and $300 for labor for front AND rear. Guessing that the dealer charges around $2000 for this.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I have a Stelvio Q4. I have ceramic pads and high end rotors. I told the dealer to put my parts back on and they did. Complete crooks. It was going to be $1500. And they told me I need 4 new tires. 10,000 miles ago they told me I didn't even need a tire rotation. Will be taking it to my friend who is a mechanic. I should have done that in the first place. Never going back to those crooks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Any time a shop, especially a dealer tells me i need new brakes (which is often how they phrase it because they think you are too stupid to know the various components of a braking system) i tell them to tell me what the numbers are (how worn the rotors are) pads etc and to even show me. I've caught both dealers and shops red handed trying to replace them well before the recommended specs.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Rear pads ~$46. Replaced in 30 minutes.........
Was at 24K, the outer right side pad was much more worm than the rest. Could have gone to 30K but at that cheap price I said to myself, just do it now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting mine done at the dealership today front and rear brakes and rotors. Yes, very expensive. She is a Diva vehicle for sure and I love my Stelvio. They are recommending all of this at 32,0000 miles. Is this acceptable or am I being ripped off?
Thanks
Ripped off. If your lights “brake pads need change” did not comes up, no need to change. Mine came after 50 k miles. Also rear one needs to be changed when you changed from twice. They barely wears off. Mechanic at dealership told me. Some are just try to reap ppl off.. and they charge a lor…

1 - 18 of 18 Posts